Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She Starts :-)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rough_Rider
Just rolled my new toy off the transporter on Saturday, only to find a dead battery & the auxilary oil line left open.

She wouldn't start no matter what we did, so off we went down the route of checking electrics, ignition, leads, fuel, carbs etc.....

Dropped the plugs out last night & swapped em with a new set of NGK's. Boy are they cheap!!

Voila motor started 1st time. Idle was a tad high 4000K, ooops better back the idle adjuster out a few turns. She's loud :-) Me like. Don't think the neighbours we're too happy, not that i care cool.gif

can't wait till Wednesday to wake the entire neighbourhood, 1st drive here we come..
J P Stein
Good for you.
What motor is in that again?
NGKs is gud.
Mine is a bitch to start when it's been settin' for a couple weeks, so don't let that worry ya. wink.gif
Rough_Rider
She has a 1971 911T 2.2L, was rebuilt a few years ago by Dumont's in Oklahoma. Weber 40 IDA's etc..

AutoX here we come... driving.gif
3d914
Congrats Rough_Rider,

Sounds like a good combination. Don't forget to get us some detailed pics.

Hope the neighbors don't spoil your fun.

Enjoy!
J P Stein
QUOTE(Rough_Rider @ Oct 5 2004, 10:50 AM)

AutoX here we come... driving.gif

Hee,hee.....well, there's 2 left.

SCCA on 30 Oct & Rainbonnet (PCA)....7 Nov, I think, both at PIR. Rainbonnet also has a "drivers skills" deal before the AX.
That would be a gud place to get aquainted with your new car.
We've had good luck with the weather the last 2 years....we can hope for 3.
Eddie914
I guess I'm lucky!

When I first received my 914, I got in while it was still on the trailer, pumped the accelerator a few times, turned the key and it fired up the first try.

It still had snow on the deck from the trip over the Siskiyous Mountains on the way up to Seattle.

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.