Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Am I a DAPO?, a bit of self-deception?
SGB
post Oct 5 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #1

just visiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Y'know, I've done a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff to my car in the name of "improvement". I take my time and seek guidance and professional assistance when I am over my head. I try to use the best stuff I can afford to. I usually am very satisfied with the results when I am through. But sometimes when I am under the car or head down in the engine compartment or laying under the steering wheel looking up at the electricals I find where screws have worked loose or tape has untaped. When I fix stuff I find little things apparently left out of previous reassemblies. I have realized that my mechanical ability is like my driving. It is only impressive in my own mind. Whats a 914 junkie to do? I can't stop. What about you? Are you good for your car, or maybe not? Something to think about....
So the message here is: recheck your work after a while. Re-torque those nuts. Cinch down that V-belt. Check those bleeder screws. Every time I work on the car I find myself saying "Look at that! Dang!" Ok. Time fer another beer.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SGB   Am I a DAPO?   Oct 5 2004, 05:57 PM
SLITS   You're in sugar shock from to many Krispy Krem...   Oct 5 2004, 06:01 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:22 PM