Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I a DAPO?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
Y'know, I've done a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff to my car in the name of "improvement". I take my time and seek guidance and professional assistance when I am over my head. I try to use the best stuff I can afford to. I usually am very satisfied with the results when I am through. But sometimes when I am under the car or head down in the engine compartment or laying under the steering wheel looking up at the electricals I find where screws have worked loose or tape has untaped. When I fix stuff I find little things apparently left out of previous reassemblies. I have realized that my mechanical ability is like my driving. It is only impressive in my own mind. Whats a 914 junkie to do? I can't stop. What about you? Are you good for your car, or maybe not? Something to think about....
So the message here is: recheck your work after a while. Re-torque those nuts. Cinch down that V-belt. Check those bleeder screws. Every time I work on the car I find myself saying "Look at that! Dang!" Ok. Time fer another beer.... beerchug.gif
SLITS
You're in sugar shock from to many Krispy Kremes biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.