Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> D-Jet WAAAAY To Rich, or JOES 2012 HERSHEY EMERGENCY THREAD
Jake Raby
post Apr 26 2012, 07:38 AM
Post #61

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

This is not the first time this has happened.. It happened at least 4-5 times before we only sold valve train kits.. That was an effort to give the installer all the right pieces and since they paid for them and had them on hand we could only expect that they would use them.

Thats not the case and this has happened over and over again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different outcome.

I have received a lot of emails about the cam kits. After sleeping on it I'll try to come up with yet another method of trying to keep these instances from occurring while continuing to offer kits for the interim, at least. This thread will serve as a great reference for my newsletters, Facebook posts and threads on my forum about what happens when the proper components are not used. Sometimes people have to see what happens before they listen.

That said, lets now focus on making sure Joe gets it back together without further collateral damage from the issue. The first think I'd do is a leak down test to ensure the valves on that cylinder are not bent, then focus on checking out the cam and lifter that saw the damage.

There is nothing that I hate more than dealing with broken components, so excuse my aggressive responses earlier in this thread. Anytime our parts are involved in any sort of failure episode it ruins my day; knowing that it happened because someone was rushing trying to make it to an event it really pisses me off... Thats what happens over and over and over again. Its my biggest pet peeve of all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 1 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #62

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

There is nothing that I hate more than dealing with broken components, so excuse my aggressive responses earlier in this thread. Anytime our parts are involved in any sort of failure episode it ruins my day; knowing that it happened because someone was rushing trying to make it to an event it really pisses me off... Thats what happens over and over and over again. Its my biggest pet peeve of all.
[/quote]

Jake, that is the definition of "just being passionate about your work". Now go have a beer and get ready for another day in a career that you love. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jul 11 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #63

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

CAR IS BACK ON THE ROAD !!

Thanks everybody who helped me.

Special thanks to JAKE for puttin up with ME (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Car pulls very strong, idle is very smooth. It is the 914S I always wanted

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jul 11 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #64

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696

And for those of us who want to quickly slap your 2056 togeather:

I ended up replacing the brand new KB pistons, installing the correct chromoly pushrods, set with 0 valve lash. Rehoned all four jugs. Inspected the cam (no signs of wear) THANK GOD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) And waited an extra 3 months to put it all back togeather because I wanted to get it to Hershey to show off.

YOU MUST TAKE YOUR TIME !!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) + (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) + (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) = (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

Joseph Sayre
+Quote Post
struckn
post Jul 11 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 13,764

Great news Joe, finally got your dream car back and you stayed with it to get 'er done. Good for ya buddy.......now drive the heck out of it and have some fun!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:02 AM