Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gauging interest. Bi-xenon headlight conversion kit., I see a brighter future.
Chris914n6
post Apr 19 2012, 02:23 AM
Post #1

Jackstands are my life.

Group: Members
Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

So 10 years ago I designed a low profile popup headlight kit using the Hella 90mm housings. Didn't have the all tools to produce them. Now I do. But times have changed and bi-xenon housings are readily available. Plus, 1 will do the job of 2 and fit A LOT neater.

Package would include a pair of FX-R bi-xenon projectors, custom powder-coated headlight structures, formed lexan shrouds, and a few other pieces to make it a quality product. Raised headlight height will be about 1/2 stock. (Sleepy eyes for you s13 owners lol)

Price will be about $350-400.

You will still need D2S bulbs and ballasts. New kits run about $70 for DDM, $160 for Morimoto, and $250 for Philips & Mitsu OEM stuff.

OR

Also been working on a design for the turn signal location. Hi Felix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Using the Mini projectors, LED panels for the park/turn lights, Lexan cover, housing. Hoping to get the D2S version to fit so it can use the Awesome and Almost as Awesome bulb/ballast setups. Still labor intensive enough to put the price in the $350-400 range.

LASTLY

Also brainstormed a LED replacement for the side marker. Less wart, more pimple lol. Looking to be about $100/pr if the idea pans out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 23)
Harpo
post May 31 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 13,469
Region Association: None

I'm interested in the led side marker that is less wart like

Thanks

David
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Jun 1 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #22

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431

About that side marker... I took mine off so long ago I forgot they didn't blink, so it's kinda over spec'd lol. So it's currently up in the air if and how I tackle it.

smj- I'm making a set for someone and have no problem making another or 2 or 20. I ended up with a 2 piece frame so it's not that involved as originally anticipated.

Though... it sounds like you have a wire crossed on your switch. All the cars I've played with function: off >> park on >> raise hl & on. Then pushing in it's: all on >> hl off >> park off & hl down.

There is also the option of DRL. I can do the halo rings like the BMWs.
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 1 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,508

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 1 2012, 07:17 PM) *
There is also the option of DRL. I can do the halo rings like the BMWs.
I think I'd do that with the fogs, personally.
+Quote Post
smj
post Jun 2 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #24

"Dude, Steve from Berkeley."

Member No.: 4,691
Region Association: Northern California

smj- I'm making a set for someone and have no problem making another or 2 or 20. I ended up with a 2 piece frame so it's not that involved as originally anticipated.

Groovy - I'll just have to make another of those whatchacallums... "decisions" ... no problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Though I gotta say, this is probably not going to be the most cost effective way to get around that one %$#! headlight retaining ring screw that's rusted tight into place... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Though... it sounds like you have a wire crossed on your switch. All the cars I've played with ...

A wire crossed on one of my cars? Something less than factory original?? That, sir, is simply unpossible! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:07 AM