Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chris's 914 project, It started with.....
76-914
post Oct 22 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #21

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Is that a South Texas Maple leaf on the wall (3rd pic, post 9)? Nice rescue, nice work, good looking car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Oct 23 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #22

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Well done, looking good, congrats (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
cvdmolen
post Oct 23 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 14,329
Region Association: Europe

@76-914 -> As the garage where I work have so many signs, I really can't tell you, sorry.

Here some pics of the revised rear brakes, which I had to buy, as I didn't want to mess with the brakes:
Attached Image

The front brakes are revised by myself, cleaned them and put a new set of rubber gaskets in the calipers:
Attached Image

And a quick interior shot:
Attached Image

Yesterday I drove here home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) All tech driving parts (brakes engine gearbox) are finished, now I can focus on the non-tech parts. Some rusty spots need to be removed, fresh air vent is broken (I supose it is not made as a smoke machine, but thats the only thing it does right now.....)

So the work and 914 pleasure will continue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
nathansnathan
post Oct 23 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 11,782
Region Association: None

I think that was originally an italian 914? - oh yeah I see you said that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) - They had the warts, I think, but they had a fluted refraction pattern, and I think would have had the clear front signals.

That muffler looks like a bus muffler, probably a Walker from Czech. I've heard they flow better than the middle exit 914 ones, but may have trouble with lining up the tailpipe to a valance. I notice that the thermostat cable is adjusted wrong? ...the engine is supposed to be hot for that position. - actually, edit, the wire looks like it's on the wrong side, like it is crossing under the pivot bar thing. -supposed to go straight up, the pivot connection you have to push down opposite the shroud, and tighten it. Cold, it is held down under contraction of the thermostat accordian. Hope that makes sense?
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-14329-1337115836.jpg)

Looks awesome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:36 AM