Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fn previous owner, Working on my car for WCR
Mikey914
post Apr 22 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

So, I think in in the home strecth and that it's just some tweeking the carbs and cosmtic stuff. I had planne dto back date the bumpers and cut off the tabs. The back went pretty well. The front seemed to go ok except the gap at the front wasn't not quite right. I bought it with all the hoods and headlight buckets off, and had a buddy shoot it for me. I'm assembling it and noticed the headlight bucket on the passenger side will not quite line up correctly. I get to looking at it and notice hood has a few cracks uin the area where the hood release is at. Guess what, bondo!

I knew some body work had been done and the guy was pretty knowledgable, I trusted he had repaied it correclty, or at least made the panels line up. Nope.

A little hammering and some banging and I can get the hood to close, but looks like I'll be driving wiht the headlights up al the way.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 22 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Show us some pics my friend! I don't think you plan to drive at night. Just leave the headlight out for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . If I can be of any help let me know. Happy to drive up one night this week to lend a hand.
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Apr 22 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

Sorry to hear.

No sweat, my car has never had headlights (PO) in the traditional sense but you will find a way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Apr 23 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #4

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Well, I have resigned myself to having the lights up full time for now. the hood fit sucks too. But at least it will work for now. I appreciate the offer Jamie, but short of pulling all the bondo out and actually replacing, or doing some metal work and painting, there's no point to mess around with it now as I wouldn't have it done.

I sitll have some electrical to deal with, and to get the carbs and timing set up.

other than that cake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:52 PM