Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fn previous owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
So, I think in in the home strecth and that it's just some tweeking the carbs and cosmtic stuff. I had planne dto back date the bumpers and cut off the tabs. The back went pretty well. The front seemed to go ok except the gap at the front wasn't not quite right. I bought it with all the hoods and headlight buckets off, and had a buddy shoot it for me. I'm assembling it and noticed the headlight bucket on the passenger side will not quite line up correctly. I get to looking at it and notice hood has a few cracks uin the area where the hood release is at. Guess what, bondo!

I knew some body work had been done and the guy was pretty knowledgable, I trusted he had repaied it correclty, or at least made the panels line up. Nope.

A little hammering and some banging and I can get the hood to close, but looks like I'll be driving wiht the headlights up al the way.
JRust
Show us some pics my friend! I don't think you plan to drive at night. Just leave the headlight out for now blink.gif . If I can be of any help let me know. Happy to drive up one night this week to lend a hand.
matthepcat
Sorry to hear.

No sweat, my car has never had headlights (PO) in the traditional sense but you will find a way. smile.gif
Mikey914
Well, I have resigned myself to having the lights up full time for now. the hood fit sucks too. But at least it will work for now. I appreciate the offer Jamie, but short of pulling all the bondo out and actually replacing, or doing some metal work and painting, there's no point to mess around with it now as I wouldn't have it done.

I sitll have some electrical to deal with, and to get the carbs and timing set up.

other than that cake biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.