Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> little help here..., Bumper was bumped
qa1142
post Oct 7 2004, 07:10 AM
Post #1

Whiplash

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,140

So... to make a long story long,

when I bought this car (1974), you could tell it had had a 5-10MPH bump to front end. bumper pad is touching fenders with a little ripple, paint cracked inside trunk where center pads contact, but you have to be within a couple of feet to see it.

So I go to put on the LE spoiler I got (thanks to Wayne Type47fan) and bumper is too tight to body. I pulled off the bumper last night and I have to guess it was pushed in ` 1/16" to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Oct 7 2004, 08:37 AM
Post #2

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

I plan to button it back up tonight unless you tell me I am whacked

Well of course your are, you have a 914 don't you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 7 2004, 08:54 AM
Post #3

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

You could space it out, orrrrrrrr you could pull out the mounting area a little. Depends on how bad it is? I bought a Moe clamp and pulled mine out with a come-a-long, tree stump and then even taking my Wifes Jeep with a chain and giving the mount area little "Jerks". Amazingly, I didn't destroy anything and a bumper mounts perfectly. All just depends on how much work you want to do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Oct 7 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 988

Root Werks comment about the jeep reminds me of the short video someone put on the site last year where the kids are trying to pull a slammed honda out of a snow bank, and they end up ripping the entire front end off the car! so funny i almost #$%$#my pants.

back on topic,

I would have shimmed the dog bone's out with washers and see if that fits, so long as you have enought screw left to tighten it back on properly.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:02 PM