Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: little help here...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
So... to make a long story long,

when I bought this car (1974), you could tell it had had a 5-10MPH bump to front end. bumper pad is touching fenders with a little ripple, paint cracked inside trunk where center pads contact, but you have to be within a couple of feet to see it.

So I go to put on the LE spoiler I got (thanks to Wayne Type47fan) and bumper is too tight to body. I pulled off the bumper last night and I have to guess it was pushed in ` 1/16" to smash.gif
thanks
GaroldShaffer
I plan to button it back up tonight unless you tell me I am whacked

Well of course your are, you have a 914 don't you. wink.gif
Root_Werks
You could space it out, orrrrrrrr you could pull out the mounting area a little. Depends on how bad it is? I bought a Moe clamp and pulled mine out with a come-a-long, tree stump and then even taking my Wifes Jeep with a chain and giving the mount area little "Jerks". Amazingly, I didn't destroy anything and a bumper mounts perfectly. All just depends on how much work you want to do. wink.gif
Root Werks comment about the jeep reminds me of the short video someone put on the site last year where the kids are trying to pull a slammed honda out of a snow bank, and they end up ripping the entire front end off the car! so funny i almost #$%$#my pants.

back on topic,

I would have shimmed the dog bone's out with washers and see if that fits, so long as you have enought screw left to tighten it back on properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.