Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ot paypal and overseas
scotty914
post Oct 7 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #1

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

my gf has a camera on ebay right know she keeps getting people from overseas ( europe and asia ) who want to know if she will ship it over seas. they all have paypal. my ? is is paypal from over seas safe as in its not like the cashier check issues. also are there anyother issues we should know about?

thanks
scott thacher

ps i am hoping she want to buy car parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) but i doubt it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morph
post Oct 7 2004, 12:12 PM
Post #2

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Pay pal will automatically convert their payment to Us dollars, I have accepted several payments through Pay Pal from international buyers and have not had a problem, the only issue is that you will need a tracking number and the only way to do that is through UPS and FedEx and shipping is very expensive. If you don't have a tracking number and they file a Pay pal claim against you then it is your word against theirs that it was shipped and pay pal will take the money from your account and transfer it to theirs. Always ship via airmail or often packages get lost or damaged if going overseas by ship.

Hiedi
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Oct 7 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,178
Region Association: None

QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Oct 7 2004, 10:12 AM)
Pay pal will automatically convert their payment to Us dollars, I have accepted several payments through Pay Pal from international buyers and have not had a problem, the only issue is that you will need a tracking number and the only way to do that is through UPS and FedEx and shipping is very expensive. If you don't have a tracking number and they file a Pay pal claim against you then it is your word against theirs that it was shipped and pay pal will take the money from your account and transfer it to theirs. Always ship via airmail or often packages get lost or damaged if going overseas by ship.

Hiedi

I am from Scotland and i mail parcels back all the time via USPS and I always get a tracking number.,You dont need to use Fed Ex or UPS.....I dont know who told you that....
+Quote Post
anthony
post Oct 7 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #4

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Paypal doesn't offer seller protection for shipments sent overseas. For my auctions I make overseas buyers use bidpay.com or send me an international money order payable in dollars on a bank in the US. For buyers with steller feedback records I've made an occasional exception and taken Paypal.
+Quote Post
morph
post Oct 7 2004, 12:34 PM
Post #5

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

What do I need to do to get a tracking number on my international packages? I am from a small town and this info came from the local post office here. I would be happy if I could figure out how to get international tracking numbers through them.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Oct 7 2004, 01:32 PM
Post #6

2270 club

Member No.: 218

At the USPS you only get a tracking number if you use Global EMS service.
+Quote Post
Martin Baker
post Oct 7 2004, 06:19 PM
Post #7

I just heard I sold my cars!

Member No.: 290
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Oct 7 2004, 11:34 AM)
What do I need to do to get a tracking number on my international packages? I am from a small town and this info came from the local post office here. I would be happy if I could figure out how to get international tracking numbers through them.

Alison here.You can get the tracking nuumber from the post when you mail it off .costs like 2 dollars extra but its worth it .I can mail packages and track it every day then call my parents and tell them what day it is coming to them .
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Oct 8 2004, 05:17 AM
Post #8

ELVIRA

Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

What little security you get from Paypal is only for 'confirmed' addresses. International addresses are always considered as 'unconfirmed' by Paypal. That being said, I have done over 300 International transactions on eBay. About half of them have involved payments by Paypal. The only eBay problems I have had have been with buyers and sellers in the good ol' U S of A.

I send 99% of the items by USPS. If it is an expensive item I pay extra for insurance for tracking purposes. Warning: Trying to collect on USPS insurance is a major PITA. If you are sending items to Germany (or a very limited number of other countries) the USPS offers a little known service called 'recorded delivery'. It only cost an extra $1.10 and I highly recommend it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:44 PM