Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot paypal and overseas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
my gf has a camera on ebay right know she keeps getting people from overseas ( europe and asia ) who want to know if she will ship it over seas. they all have paypal. my ? is is paypal from over seas safe as in its not like the cashier check issues. also are there anyother issues we should know about?

thanks
scott thacher

ps i am hoping she want to buy car parts clap56.gif but i doubt it mad.gif
morph
Pay pal will automatically convert their payment to Us dollars, I have accepted several payments through Pay Pal from international buyers and have not had a problem, the only issue is that you will need a tracking number and the only way to do that is through UPS and FedEx and shipping is very expensive. If you don't have a tracking number and they file a Pay pal claim against you then it is your word against theirs that it was shipped and pay pal will take the money from your account and transfer it to theirs. Always ship via airmail or often packages get lost or damaged if going overseas by ship.

Hiedi
Alison Baker
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Oct 7 2004, 10:12 AM)
Pay pal will automatically convert their payment to Us dollars, I have accepted several payments through Pay Pal from international buyers and have not had a problem, the only issue is that you will need a tracking number and the only way to do that is through UPS and FedEx and shipping is very expensive. If you don't have a tracking number and they file a Pay pal claim against you then it is your word against theirs that it was shipped and pay pal will take the money from your account and transfer it to theirs. Always ship via airmail or often packages get lost or damaged if going overseas by ship.

Hiedi

I am from Scotland and i mail parcels back all the time via USPS and I always get a tracking number.,You dont need to use Fed Ex or UPS.....I dont know who told you that....
anthony
Paypal doesn't offer seller protection for shipments sent overseas. For my auctions I make overseas buyers use bidpay.com or send me an international money order payable in dollars on a bank in the US. For buyers with steller feedback records I've made an occasional exception and taken Paypal.
morph
What do I need to do to get a tracking number on my international packages? I am from a small town and this info came from the local post office here. I would be happy if I could figure out how to get international tracking numbers through them.
anthony
At the USPS you only get a tracking number if you use Global EMS service.
Martin Baker
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Oct 7 2004, 11:34 AM)
What do I need to do to get a tracking number on my international packages? I am from a small town and this info came from the local post office here. I would be happy if I could figure out how to get international tracking numbers through them.

Alison here.You can get the tracking nuumber from the post when you mail it off .costs like 2 dollars extra but its worth it .I can mail packages and track it every day then call my parents and tell them what day it is coming to them .
VegasRacer
What little security you get from Paypal is only for 'confirmed' addresses. International addresses are always considered as 'unconfirmed' by Paypal. That being said, I have done over 300 International transactions on eBay. About half of them have involved payments by Paypal. The only eBay problems I have had have been with buyers and sellers in the good ol' U S of A.

I send 99% of the items by USPS. If it is an expensive item I pay extra for insurance for tracking purposes. Warning: Trying to collect on USPS insurance is a major PITA. If you are sending items to Germany (or a very limited number of other countries) the USPS offers a little known service called 'recorded delivery'. It only cost an extra $1.10 and I highly recommend it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.