Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Semi-OT - air compressors & noise reduction, Seeking the wisdom of the mighty list...
campbellcj
post Oct 9 2004, 09:23 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

My wife's new business requires installing a mid-sized compressor, which in itself is no big deal and has been beaten to death in prior threads.

The catch is, this installation needs to be inside an office in a rather high-end medical building. We need to figure out a way to shield the compressor both visually and audibly from other clients inside the suite as well as other tenants and neighbors.

The visual part is no sweat as we can build a cabinet/closet. But, I assume it will need some airflow for intake as well as cooling purposes, so it can't be completely sealed up.

Will a small ventilated closet (similar to what some people's water heaters are installed in) lined with Dynamat or a similar material be adequate to damp most of the compressor noise? Or would the sound just escape thru the vents?

Also, are there certain "quiet" compressors that are designed for this type of application?

Lastly, I am thinking that if we get a large tank, we could somewhat lessen having to run the compressor frequently during business hours. With a large enough tank we could potentially run it on a timer at 8am before opening and refill at lunchtime if needed. Does this make sense?

Thanks a bunch for any tips. This is kind of a last-minute crisis.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
campbellcj   Semi-OT - air compressors & noise reduction   Oct 9 2004, 09:23 PM
URY914   I've remodeled Dr. offices and done a few diff...   Oct 9 2004, 10:19 PM
Mueller   I like the idea of the noise reduction in my garag...   Oct 10 2004, 10:13 AM
ArtechnikA   <...   Oct 10 2004, 04:44 PM
markb   I was gonna suggest the type used in Dentist's...   Oct 10 2004, 06:22 PM
anthony   Also remember that the compressor can be installed...   Oct 10 2004, 07:11 PM
Maltese Falcon   Can you draw intake air in from an outside opening...   Oct 10 2004, 09:33 PM
Twystd1  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:36 PM