Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dumped my garage door opener, Now it opens from the hi/lo beam switch...
jim_hoyland
post May 17 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

I replaced the remote garage door opener with an aftermarket system called Flash2Pass. Cost $79.95. There system includes a new RF receiver that is wired to the terminals that the remote button is wired to. If the receiver still doesn't have enough voltage, a wall-wart can be plugged into the back of the receiver. I mounted my receiver and adapter on the ceiling near the garage door opener to take advantage of the plug outlet and short run to the motors terminals.
The RF transmitter can be wired to your hi/lo beam switch several ways depending on whether you have a fog flash relay installed or not. The f2ptechnologies web page has posted a complete list of car models and the normal installation. Since I have the fog flash option when the headlights are off, I wired the transmitter direct to the fog light wiring. Mounted the transmitter with a dot of velcro and that was it.
The RF transmitter is activated by flashing 2x, the range for my installation is excellent. The transmitter could be mounted in a more out-ofthe-way spot in the trunk.
The customer service is excellent too, Chris de Janasz responded to my email questions quickly and helped out. He's familiar with 914s too.

Here's some pics of my set up and what it looks like.

1. Package as it arrived

Here's som

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 09:45 AM