Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Back on the road!
tornik550
post May 19 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

Today I drove my car for the first time after my rebuild. It ran great. Everything went well until I stopped and went into a store. When I went to restart it, it wouldn't start. The starter turned but wouldn't start. I sat in the parking lot for about 45 minutes to let the engine cool. During the 45 minutes, I received a million compliments and had a whole bunch of people check out the car. After the engine cooled- everything started just fine.

I am pretty sure that I (with the help of a call to dr. evil) figured out that I was running lean, engine got to hot and lost compression. I have to go out and play with the carb jets now.

So bottom line of why I am posting this- even though I got stuck I had an awesome time. The car attracted a huge amount of attention. It was a huge hit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:43 AM