Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on the road!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
Today I drove my car for the first time after my rebuild. It ran great. Everything went well until I stopped and went into a store. When I went to restart it, it wouldn't start. The starter turned but wouldn't start. I sat in the parking lot for about 45 minutes to let the engine cool. During the 45 minutes, I received a million compliments and had a whole bunch of people check out the car. After the engine cooled- everything started just fine.

I am pretty sure that I (with the help of a call to dr. evil) figured out that I was running lean, engine got to hot and lost compression. I have to go out and play with the carb jets now.

So bottom line of why I am posting this- even though I got stuck I had an awesome time. The car attracted a huge amount of attention. It was a huge hit.
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
Black22
NIIIICE!

Mine is running a little hotter than before the rebuild too. I suspect a lean condition as well, although I have F.I.

At least we're back on the road!!!!!
billh1963
You sure you weren't experiencing vapor lock?
two-strokejohn
Steve: When did Dr. Evil start making house calls. I did'nt think doctors did that anymore. Great news on the car......... When your up to cruisin, stop out to see us in Orient, OH.
John
VaccaRabite
sounds like classic vaporlock to me. fuel pump in the engine bay?
jeffdon
QUOTE(tornik550 @ May 19 2012, 07:13 PM) *

Today I drove my car for the first time after my rebuild. It ran great. Everything went well until I stopped and went into a store. When I went to restart it, it wouldn't start. The starter turned but wouldn't start. I sat in the parking lot for about 45 minutes to let the engine cool. During the 45 minutes, I received a million compliments and had a whole bunch of people check out the car. After the engine cooled- everything started just fine.

I am pretty sure that I (with the help of a call to dr. evil) figured out that I was running lean, engine got to hot and lost compression. I have to go out and play with the carb jets now.

So bottom line of why I am posting this- even though I got stuck I had an awesome time. The car attracted a huge amount of attention. It was a huge hit.

I had a similar problem and traced it to the coil. I moved the coil to the firewall, no more problems. Worth a shot.
Dr Evil
I always answer PM, email, and usually the phone smile.gif
tornik550
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 20 2012, 06:42 AM) *

You sure you weren't experiencing vapor lock?

Anything is possible however my fuel pump in under the gas tank. I know that my engine was lean so that is the first thing that I am going to change.
tornik550
QUOTE(two-strokejohn @ May 20 2012, 08:24 AM) *

Steve: When did Dr. Evil start making house calls. I did'nt think doctors did that anymore. Great news on the car......... When your up to cruisin, stop out to see us in Orient, OH.
John

I hope that i'll be cruising soon. We can meet at my favorite restaurant- Phillip's Coney Island (by vets memorial).
76-914
It depends upon his mood. I must have caught him on a bad day because he told me to drop two Aspirin in my tranny and to call the next day. lol-2.gif
tornik550
Running great but not shined up yet.
Mr.242
It's like you came into my garage and stole my car. lol-2.gif
We have the same taste. grouphug.gif Looks great!
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
That air dam looks good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.