Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Repairing a slipping clutch, Any estimates on cost and time involved?
914zim
post Oct 12 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Still pretty clueless...

Group: Members
Member No.: 962

Gentlemen:

I'm trying to get a feel for how much repairing the slipping clutch in my '76 914 would cost.
I have not looked into it in any great detail yet, but I'm sure I'll need to replace clutch, seals, cable, etc., basically, the whole mess (based on a little searching). It's not slipping too badly, but my son and I almost got run over by a dickhead in a huge SUV while I was trying to get up a hill with the clutch slipping. Pretty scary!

Can anyone give me a rough idea as to how much it might cost to do the repair correctly myself?
Any idea of hours to complete would be helpful too.

I'm trying to decide which project I'm gonna work on this winter. It's between fixing the slipping clutch on my 914 or putting my rebuilt engine into my '71 BMW 2002. I think I know what answer I'll get from this board!

To be honest, it'll probably come down to cost. I still need to get some Webers and eventually a 5 speed tranny for the 2002, so I'm thinking the 914 repair might be cheaper?

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Andy...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:32 PM