Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Pump issue?, having trouble with my 914-6
shepmon
post Oct 12 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,717

Hi, I think my factory 914-6 might need a new fuel pump. How does one know? My car is now very hard starting. I need to pump the gas a lot to keep it running. It takes a lot of turning over to get it to fire. It's missing, backfireing and losing power under stress (going up hill). Virtually undriveable because I live at the bottom of a hill. I checked and the fuel is pumping gas when I turn the key. It has a fairly new perma tune cd box (5 months old). I suspected that the coil needed to be replaced because it looked original. So it has a new coil. It sort of seems like an ignition problem but I'm really not sure. It doesn't seem to be firing right. This came on suddenly. At first I though I had just flooded it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. shep
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 12 2004, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

to be sure about the pump, you'll need to get a fuel-pressure gauge and see where you pressure is at when the pump is running ...

if you suspect fuel starvation, that would be a place to start.

could also be a clogged fuel filter or the jets are clogged ...

i'm not a carb guy, so others hoepfully will chime in here ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:05 PM