Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump issue?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shepmon
Hi, I think my factory 914-6 might need a new fuel pump. How does one know? My car is now very hard starting. I need to pump the gas a lot to keep it running. It takes a lot of turning over to get it to fire. It's missing, backfireing and losing power under stress (going up hill). Virtually undriveable because I live at the bottom of a hill. I checked and the fuel is pumping gas when I turn the key. It has a fairly new perma tune cd box (5 months old). I suspected that the coil needed to be replaced because it looked original. So it has a new coil. It sort of seems like an ignition problem but I'm really not sure. It doesn't seem to be firing right. This came on suddenly. At first I though I had just flooded it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. shep
SirAndy
to be sure about the pump, you'll need to get a fuel-pressure gauge and see where you pressure is at when the pump is running ...

if you suspect fuel starvation, that would be a place to start.

could also be a clogged fuel filter or the jets are clogged ...

i'm not a carb guy, so others hoepfully will chime in here ...
wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.