Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jumping rope with you kids, Don't do it if you are old!!
spare time toys
post Oct 13 2004, 01:56 PM
Post #21

hooked on grilling food.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

A good friend at work rents out jump houses. We got one for our little girls B.day I think I had more fun in it than the kids. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Downunderman
post Oct 13 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 766
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Don't mention jumping castles. I hurt my back in one them on xmas eve 02. My youngest daughter wanted one for her last day as a child. She was 18 the next day. It was great fun but not when you are over 50.
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Oct 13 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #23

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

One might think that I was skiing -- and I certainly have plenty of stories from Colorado (Keystone, Vail, and my fav -- Arapahoe Basin) where I should have broken more than just my leg. When would first tell my friends that I broke my ankle, they all asked 'where were you skiing at the time?'.

But no, I slipped on an icy sidewalk at work a couple of winters ago. Totally unglamorous. So my friends came up with a story I could tell at bars involving a holiday of ski jumping in Finland. Suomi! (A far second to Belgium when going abroad...)

Yes, all that hardware would set off metal detectors. I had a couple of long waits at security checkpoints while the clueless F***wits with the metal detectors tried to figure out what my 'orthopaedic implant' card from my surgeon meant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) The couldn't just call and verify, no I had to wait there for a bleedin' hour whilel they waved a wand over my leg, trying to figure out if I had a bomb surgically implanted under my skin.
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Oct 13 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 2,763

You need to carry a print of that x-ray along with the card. They might just go "OWW!!!" and let you through.
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Oct 13 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #25

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(bob91403 @ Oct 13 2004, 03:56 PM)
You need to carry a print of that x-ray along with the card. They might just go "OWW!!!" and let you through.

Funny you mention this because I had wallet size xray photos of the injury! Good thing I wasn't carrying a Cluebat ™ with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

One time, in Denver not too long after the accident, I was still on crutches. Since it was winter, I was wearing long pants, which were a major PITA to get over the gigantic moon-boot immobilization brace I had to wear. TSA morons took my crutches away, made me stand on my good leg while wanding the broken one. Still not convinced/satisfied, they had me remove the brace, and then one of them started poking at the surgical scar! They finally let me sit down in a chair while they awaited a ruling from some authority person on letting me through, before letting me put myself back together....I sure didn't feel like I had any power to do anything but submit to their whims. I just wanted to get home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Oct 13 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #26

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

I could show y'all my latest stitches from last weeks procedure... but it'd make Mike Z's harry butt pic look tame. Lets just say that I feel sorry for all of the dogs I've had fixed in the past... real sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Oct 13 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #27

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Headrage @ Oct 13 2004, 08:01 AM)
One of them is broken into about 6 pieces.  My daughter was out in the driveway jumping rope and me being the 18 year old flexible guy that I am NOT, decided that I could do it too.  Barefoot on cement.  Boy was I wrong (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Ever heard of
1) stretching?
2) athletic shoes?

Jumping rope is supposed to be good excercise for people of all ages (wearing shoes, apparently).

Good luck with the healing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:02 AM