Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RSR look Anodized Fuchs., Anyway to DIY (faux)
DougC
post Oct 13 2004, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

I have 8X15" five lug Fuchs on my car that need to be refinished. I plan on redoing them myself because I need the budget for other 914 related things. I will probably strip all the paint off of them and just seal the dull aluminum with a few coats of clear laquer. I don't like the 'bling' of polished or the work it'd take to get me there. What I do love however is the look of the RSR anodized wheel with satin black centers. I know I probably can not anodize them myself but is there any temp alternative, such as a method to make the stripped aluminum brighter (RSRs are a white/silver) (maybe scuff with very fine steel wool? Or maybe I could go with a flat bright silver spray paint, then use a low sheen sealer? Any thoughts?

Doug C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DougC
post Oct 13 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Yep Martin that's what I'm talking about - but I've not got that kinda money..wish I did. So that's what I'm going to try and duplicate for cheap. I don't plan to fool anyone but just get the look more or less. I may stop by the auto paint supply store and see if they can mix up a batch of very white Silver paint in aerosol form and go that route.

Doug C
+Quote Post
DougC
post Oct 13 2004, 01:41 PM
Post #3

Walnut shells, that's interesting... I have 2 big pecan trees at my house maybe I'll try chunking a few at them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ... but seriously are the very most outside 'lip' polished aluminum or dull like the rest?

Doug C
+Quote Post
DougC
post Oct 13 2004, 03:49 PM
Post #4

This company offers aluminum etching solutions wonder if this could be use (alumi-etch3) http://www.heatbath.com/producta.htmf

Doug C
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 04:31 AM