Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RSR look Anodized Fuchs.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I have 8X15" five lug Fuchs on my car that need to be refinished. I plan on redoing them myself because I need the budget for other 914 related things. I will probably strip all the paint off of them and just seal the dull aluminum with a few coats of clear laquer. I don't like the 'bling' of polished or the work it'd take to get me there. What I do love however is the look of the RSR anodized wheel with satin black centers. I know I probably can not anodize them myself but is there any temp alternative, such as a method to make the stripped aluminum brighter (RSRs are a white/silver) (maybe scuff with very fine steel wool? Or maybe I could go with a flat bright silver spray paint, then use a low sheen sealer? Any thoughts?

Doug C
DougC
Yep Martin that's what I'm talking about - but I've not got that kinda money..wish I did. So that's what I'm going to try and duplicate for cheap. I don't plan to fool anyone but just get the look more or less. I may stop by the auto paint supply store and see if they can mix up a batch of very white Silver paint in aerosol form and go that route.

Doug C
DougC
Walnut shells, that's interesting... I have 2 big pecan trees at my house maybe I'll try chunking a few at them biggrin.gif ... but seriously are the very most outside 'lip' polished aluminum or dull like the rest?

Doug C
DougC
This company offers aluminum etching solutions wonder if this could be use (alumi-etch3) http://www.heatbath.com/producta.htmf

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.