Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> FS racing engine parts, Carrerra fan, oil system ect, FS Serious 914 racing engine parts
ruste356
post Jun 1 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,517
Region Association: None

[b][size=3]I have just inherited (literally) what appears to be a nearly complete, but disassembled, race motor. I have built a few 914 and 356 street engines, but this is wayyyyy out of my class and beyond my comprehension. I would like to make someone a "package deal" for everything because I have no need for it. It includes: a set of Weber 48 IDF carbs. The air cleaners and 2 venturies are missing. The carbs bolt to a massive intake, that someone has spent a long time modifying to allow it to bolt to a set of heads which, look to me, to be science fiction technology. The heads come with: aluminum roller rockers, hydraulic lifters, springs, shims, massive valves, retainers, springs, ect. The heads are machined to accommodate huge pistons (which I have a new set and cylinders. The case has extra studs welded to the top so an extra stud can hold the heads on. The block has Aeroquip lines running all over it which run to a remote oil cooler. To top it off is a Carerra style fan and shroud. They look like they could use some work. There is also a massive oil sump with Aeroquip lines. The flywheel has been lightened. I have always found the people on this site to be very helpful and selfless..... so, I will admit, I have no idea what this is worth. Again, because I have no use for any of this, I would appreciate any feedback so I could help it's new owner to be better informed as to what they are getting. I do not have much info on it because again, I have inherited it, and unless someone out there can "channel" some things, it's history will remain a mystery. I do know this.. its former owner was a racer and would like it to have a good home. He would have given someone on this site a great deal, and therefore, would like to do the same just to "keep the faith". Serious inquiries can reach me at rustymabrey@yahoo.com.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:16 PM