Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS racing engine parts, Carrerra fan, oil system ect
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ruste356
[b][size=3]I have just inherited (literally) what appears to be a nearly complete, but disassembled, race motor. I have built a few 914 and 356 street engines, but this is wayyyyy out of my class and beyond my comprehension. I would like to make someone a "package deal" for everything because I have no need for it. It includes: a set of Weber 48 IDF carbs. The air cleaners and 2 venturies are missing. The carbs bolt to a massive intake, that someone has spent a long time modifying to allow it to bolt to a set of heads which, look to me, to be science fiction technology. The heads come with: aluminum roller rockers, hydraulic lifters, springs, shims, massive valves, retainers, springs, ect. The heads are machined to accommodate huge pistons (which I have a new set and cylinders. The case has extra studs welded to the top so an extra stud can hold the heads on. The block has Aeroquip lines running all over it which run to a remote oil cooler. To top it off is a Carerra style fan and shroud. They look like they could use some work. There is also a massive oil sump with Aeroquip lines. The flywheel has been lightened. I have always found the people on this site to be very helpful and selfless..... so, I will admit, I have no idea what this is worth. Again, because I have no use for any of this, I would appreciate any feedback so I could help it's new owner to be better informed as to what they are getting. I do not have much info on it because again, I have inherited it, and unless someone out there can "channel" some things, it's history will remain a mystery. I do know this.. its former owner was a racer and would like it to have a good home. He would have given someone on this site a great deal, and therefore, would like to do the same just to "keep the faith". Serious inquiries can reach me at rustymabrey@yahoo.com.
bulitt
Feedback- You need to add lots of pictures.
ruste356
I agree. But, there is so much stuff, that I didn't even know where to begin. I probably only "named" half the stuff I inhereted. I will be happy to send you any pictures of any thing you want. But, I have a stack of boxes that stands over 10 feet tall full of this stuff. Let me know whatyou want a pic of and it is yours. Since you are in NC, I would even mail you a detailed thumb stick or disk if you are interested. Thanks for your post.
falconfp2001
If it sounds like what i think it is then you may have Pauter Heads, Pistons and Cylinders. pray.gif My dream parts for a rebuild. They are here.

http://www.pauter.com/vw_parts.htm

I'd love to have the heads but they are worthless without the matching P n Cs and valve covers. To much money for me.
ruste356
[quote name='falconfp2001' date='Jun 1 2012, 10:36 PM' post='1686150']
If it sounds like what i think it is then you may have Pauter Heads, Pistons and Cylinders. pray.gif My dream parts for a rebuild. They are here.

http://www.pauter.com/vw_parts.htm

I'd love to have the heads but they are worthless without the matching P n Cs and valve covers. To much money for me.

Dear Falcon,
You have probably figured out the origin of this engine setup. Quite Ironically, there is still a used set of pistons and cylinders on the short block that look in decent shape.. so, really I have two sets; one new, one used. But, just like you said,the P and C's are useless without the heads. The heads are useless without the case, the intake manifolds are useless without the ported heads, ect. That is one reason I just want to make a package deal. When I getmore time, I will try and post some pictures. I am booked today and had no idea it would generate this much traffic. But, I am willing to make someone a heack of a good deal just so I can have space for another load of stuff. Thanks for your help!!!
ruste356
[ACTUALLY... i went and looked at the pauter.com website pics again and the heads are not that design. On that site the the heads (and pistons and cylinders have an extra stud on both the top and the bottom. On the set I have the case has only been modified to accept an extra stud on the top. I also just looked at the cylinders two count the stud holes. The old cylinders have an extra hole for the additional stud. The new cylines still only have 4 holes. If the upper stud in the case is to be used then they would have to be machined to have a new hole set in the top. The pistons (both old and new) look like those on the pauter.com site. The rockers I have look like the roller rockers on the pauter.com site.. except they are red nd not blue. The motor comes with (what appears to be) stock valve covers. The mystery continues. Seriously I am willing to sell ALL this stuff for 3K [b][u]plusshipping. I will be happy to send detatilled photos to any serious buyer.But, I need to get it out ofmy garage so I can bringin more stuff.
914werke
IIRC Mark Stephans was marketing a 5 stud system just before all his shady dealings caught up with him and he closed shop & disappeared.
ruste356
I have never heard of him. I guess that makes me lucky.
drdave427
How much are you looking to get out of this bunch of parts ??
Jake Raby
I see you are in Georgia. So am I.. Email me at jake@jakeraby.com and I'd be happy to look at it for you or put cash in your hand.
ruste356
I am a bit south of Savannah... it's a bit of a drive, but I think you will behappy with it. I'll send you a personal email with my phone number and address.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.