Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> noise from front end, I think brakes
xsJerry
post Jun 10 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,822
Region Association: Northern California

So, I'm hearing a whining sound from the passenger front wheel. When I tap the breaks, the sound goes away (for a little while). A month ago, I had it on the lift and noticed the wheel was wobbly. so I tightened the bearing. all was well for a while, then, I was driving to the shop to put on some new tires the other day, and she is pulling to right. I try to take the wheel off, and the lug nuts are too hot to touch. It seems as though the caliper is sticking. The hub turns, but not as freely as the other side. And the rotor is a little warped. on the way home (on my awesome new tires), it is really whining bad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

BTW. its a 911 break and suspension setup in the front.

My questions are:
is it a caliper for sure? I'm thinking caliper rebuild kit from Pelican. Can I have the rotor turned?

Any guidance would be great. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:40 PM