Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> So this is how a 914 is supposed to shift/clutch!, all new stuff!
jim912928
post Oct 16 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well, last week I rebuilt the pedal cluster and put in a new clutch cable. Car was still up on jack stands doing brake stuff...but it sure seemed smooth on the stands.

Today I drilled out my "rounded" out hold pin on the shift lever by the tranny...took the entire assembly apart and put every stinking new bushing you can in the entire mechanism....in all it took about 3 hours to take it apart and put in the 5 new bushings.

WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! I didn't realize how good and easy these things should shift when everything is proper! Took it around the neighborhood (well, that is what I told the wife)...and came back an hour later with a smile on my face!

Thanks all for the advice in here...using a vice and two sockets to press out the 2 bushings by the firewall piece....boiling the firewall bushing so you can just push it in with your fingers....and how to drill out that stripped pin.

Jim (large smile still on face!)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:20 PM