Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Los Angeles: Porsche 914 1974 (manhattan beach) $6500
914World
post Jun 12 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #1

Member #1
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1
Region Association: None

I am still on the fence about selling but wanted to see what interest is out there.

Here are the details:

1974 Porsche 914 47k miles not accurate -- has about 6k-7k on it since engine rebuild and restoration
Paint: ok - some minor drips and some small bubbles where they removed the vinyl from the sides
Rust: nothing major - there was a small whole under the battery but nothing in the corners - I treated it with POR 15 and put a battery protector down
Body: some bondo and looks like they replaced the floor pan at some point - body is not mint and has been monkeyed around with here and there but drives straight, brakes straight, gets compliments everywhere I go.
Rubber: almost ALL rubber is new within the last 5-10 years from what I can tell
Title: It is clean but says 1971. I have the certificate of authenticity from Porsche but that isn't worth much. I think the previous owner registered it as a 1971 to avoid SMOG 5 years ago. The VIN clearly matches a 1974. This should be an easy DMV change but I don't really care for the hassle doesn't effect anything.
Engine: Apparently rebuilt about 6k miles ago. Runs really strong.
• Crane Fireball ignition
• Bursch exhaust (I think)
• Performance cam
• New plugs 1k miles ago
• New oil and filter 1k miles ago
• Valve adjustment and new gaskets 1k miles ago
• Weber Cards - adjusted 1 k miles ago -- I think they are webers -- also cleaned air filters
• New distributor cap, rotor, wires
• Missing a piece of engine metal where the AC unit was
• Small oil leak but does not accumulate in my garage -- need to clean and see where it is coming from.
Transmission: Apparently rebuilt 6k miles ago but not sure
• Clutch is strong and recently adjusted
• All bushings in entire linkage replaced 1k miles ago
• Shifts great but take some getting use to
• Changed transmission fluid 1k miles ago
Exterior:
• New headlights ultra-bright
• Paint is OK but NOT great -- looks great from 5 feet away but has some 1-2 cracks, bubbles, and a few drips but nothing major or that really needs to be addressed
• No major rust but looks like rust has been repaired on the underside with a new floor pan or something
• Bumpers are super mint and chrome has appearance package
• New hood emblem
• New tires 4k miles or so on them
• Passenger door handle opens from the inside but sticks from the outside
• New fuel filter and alternator belt
• Missing side view mirror on the passenger side but have a replacement that needs glass
• All lights and signals work - EU style front turn signals $99

Brakes & Suspension:
• Brakes are fine and have 6k miles on them -- brakes strong and straight doesn't wobble or anything - I have new pads I can throw in as well
• Suspension is all brand new KYB gas adjusts - for some reason the front right corner is squeaking so going to bring it back to the guy who put them in and see what the deal is
• Weltmeister 140 springs in the rear brand new!
Interior
• New MOMO steering wheel -I have the original wheel and could remove this and take $200 off the price
• New stereo -- usb/Bluetooth/iphone + kenwood amp and kenwood component speakers + polk DB speakers -- sounds great for -- 6 ½ fiberglass kick panels
• Racing harness
• Seats are in good condition with a small rip on the corner of the drivers
• Dash cover in ok condition
• Targa top refinished with new rubber (new rubber all over the car prob worth $1k in rubber alone)
• JWEST shift knob -- agai can remove this and put the stock back on
• Black leather shift boot
• New carpets but they were glued and I had to pull tehm up to put the shifter bushings in so in OK condition but it is a spartan race car interior -- new carpets I trunks
• Roll bar
• All targa clips work (I replaced the back hook) - trunk clips brand new cost me $75 Ouch!
• Horn doesn't work
• NO HEAT -- who needs it in socal - heat exchangers removed for straight back exhaust 4-1
• Clicking from upper steering wheel bearing that might need to be replaced $40 part
• New speedometer ad all other gauges work
I am probably missing a few things but that is a lot of the details that I know about. I don't know the history of this car really so it is a AS IS sale. I am open to a lot of different things part cash trade for different things, parts trades, I could remove the stereo, steering wheel and a few other things for less money etc. This is not for the 914 purist as there is just too much that has been changed on it. I would actually be interested in a fuel injected original 73-75 914 to trade or a 4x4 as well. I have tons of picts so email me

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:27 AM