I am still on the fence about selling but wanted to see what interest is out there.

Here are the details:

1974 Porsche 914 47k miles not accurate -- has about 6k-7k on it since engine rebuild and restoration
Paint: ok - some minor drips and some small bubbles where they removed the vinyl from the sides
Rust: nothing major - there was a small whole under the battery but nothing in the corners - I treated it with POR 15 and put a battery protector down
Body: some bondo and looks like they replaced the floor pan at some point - body is not mint and has been monkeyed around with here and there but drives straight, brakes straight, gets compliments everywhere I go.
Rubber: almost ALL rubber is new within the last 5-10 years from what I can tell
Title: It is clean but says 1971. I have the certificate of authenticity from Porsche but that isn't worth much. I think the previous owner registered it as a 1971 to avoid SMOG 5 years ago. The VIN clearly matches a 1974. This should be an easy DMV change but I don't really care for the hassle doesn't effect anything.
Engine: Apparently rebuilt about 6k miles ago. Runs really strong.
• Crane Fireball ignition
• Bursch exhaust (I think)
• Performance cam
• New plugs 1k miles ago
• New oil and filter 1k miles ago
• Valve adjustment and new gaskets 1k miles ago
• Weber Cards - adjusted 1 k miles ago -- I think they are webers -- also cleaned air filters
• New distributor cap, rotor, wires
• Missing a piece of engine metal where the AC unit was
• Small oil leak but does not accumulate in my garage -- need to clean and see where it is coming from.
Transmission: Apparently rebuilt 6k miles ago but not sure
• Clutch is strong and recently adjusted
• All bushings in entire linkage replaced 1k miles ago
• Shifts great but take some getting use to
• Changed transmission fluid 1k miles ago
Exterior:
• New headlights ultra-bright
• Paint is OK but NOT great -- looks great from 5 feet away but has some 1-2 cracks, bubbles, and a few drips but nothing major or that really needs to be addressed
• No major rust but looks like rust has been repaired on the underside with a new floor pan or something
• Bumpers are super mint and chrome has appearance package
• New hood emblem
• New tires 4k miles or so on them
• Passenger door handle opens from the inside but sticks from the outside
• New fuel filter and alternator belt
• Missing side view mirror on the passenger side but have a replacement that needs glass
• All lights and signals work - EU style front turn signals $99

Brakes & Suspension:
• Brakes are fine and have 6k miles on them -- brakes strong and straight doesn't wobble or anything - I have new pads I can throw in as well
• Suspension is all brand new KYB gas adjusts - for some reason the front right corner is squeaking so going to bring it back to the guy who put them in and see what the deal is
• Weltmeister 140 springs in the rear brand new!
Interior
• New MOMO steering wheel -I have the original wheel and could remove this and take $200 off the price
• New stereo -- usb/Bluetooth/iphone + kenwood amp and kenwood component speakers + polk DB speakers -- sounds great for -- 6 ½ fiberglass kick panels
• Racing harness
• Seats are in good condition with a small rip on the corner of the drivers
• Dash cover in ok condition
• Targa top refinished with new rubber (new rubber all over the car prob worth $1k in rubber alone)
• JWEST shift knob -- agai can remove this and put the stock back on
• Black leather shift boot
• New carpets but they were glued and I had to pull tehm up to put the shifter bushings in so in OK condition but it is a spartan race car interior -- new carpets I trunks
• Roll bar
• All targa clips work (I replaced the back hook) - trunk clips brand new cost me $75 Ouch!
• Horn doesn't work
• NO HEAT -- who needs it in socal - heat exchangers removed for straight back exhaust 4-1
• Clicking from upper steering wheel bearing that might need to be replaced $40 part
• New speedometer ad all other gauges work
I am probably missing a few things but that is a lot of the details that I know about. I don't know the history of this car really so it is a AS IS sale. I am open to a lot of different things part cash trade for different things, parts trades, I could remove the stereo, steering wheel and a few other things for less money etc. This is not for the 914 purist as there is just too much that has been changed on it. I would actually be interested in a fuel injected original 73-75 914 to trade or a 4x4 as well. I have tons of picts so email me

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!