Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gears gone yet again
bongo monkey
post Oct 17 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Dented member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

I was adjusting my gearshift linkage, when the gears stopped engaging. I checked the whole linkage from the Rennshifter to the roll pin, and everything is working. The shift lever gives absolutely no resistance whatsoever moving from R-4-5-1. I cannot select any gears. The first time this happened, the roll pin got sheared. I checked, and the pin is still in snugly and moving the selector. So the problem is somewhere inside the tranny.

I was adjusting the linkage because I was having problems with 3rd gear not giving me any input, and only engaging half of the time. I thought it might be because the new motor mounts had shifted the pattern forward (the old ones were falling apart), so I tried to adjust the linkage. All the other gears were working fine.

What do you think the problem is and how much will it cost me?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bongo monkey   Gears gone yet again   Oct 17 2004, 03:03 PM
Red-Beard   Have you tried shifting with the linkage disconnec...   Oct 17 2004, 03:38 PM
bongo monkey  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 05:35 AM