Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> what would you do with 13 1.7/18 engines?, new member
mclane
post Jun 17 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,568
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello folks,

This 1973 p914 marks my entry to the world of air cooled auto adventure. after a year search i found a well maintianed driver. i was an air craft mechanic for 10 years and spent many of those years hunched over aircooled airplane engines. i have always wondered about the aircooled car world. the p914 was a perfect choice for me, mid engine, aircooled and it can fit my 6'2" frame.

So here is where the 13 engines come from. after 500 miles on my new purchase i find non ferrous metal in the screen. most pieces were 1/8' wide.

after a search i found 13 engines at a very very good price.

So my question is, What do i do with 13 engines? My ultimate goal is to build a spare engine from a collection of the best parts

but what should i do with the rest?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i13.photobucket.com-14568-1339913580.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:32 PM