Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Bursch Sound, How sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me....
JawjaPorsche
post Jun 26 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

I was very fortunate to purchase an almost new Bursch muffler from a fellow 914World member. Next to my Mahle wheels, it is the best upgrade I have done to my teener. I just love the sound! Every time I go into town, people turn their heads.

I don't have a Gopro but I do have a very good professional grade video camera that has an awesome microphone. I placed the camera in the rear trunk and recorded my Bursch while accelerating. The microphone is less than two feet from the Bursch. Turn up your volume and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRySuVF6jiw...eature=youtu.be

And this is Bursch's quiet muffler!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 27 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,508
Region Association: Southwest Region

Maybe my laptop speakers just suck, but all I can hear is valvetrain noise. Sounds like a diesel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Having said that, the exhaust tip looks like the one on my muffler, which was installed by the dealer back in '73. If it is, then I understand exactly what you mean - that exhaust note was always perfect.

Any chance you might drive down to Flowery Branch some weekend while I'm out there at my father-in-law's place? I'd love to hear it and see if this is the same one. If it is, I'll buy another. Mine rusted off awhile back and I haven't replaced it yet...
+Quote Post
ezbngreen914
post Jun 28 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,472
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) NICE. I've got to get an external mic for the gopro!
+Quote Post
TargaToy
post Jun 28 2012, 08:02 AM
Post #4

-NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO-

Member No.: 11,509
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My card had a Bursch already installed when I got it. I liked the sound too and it has a bit of a roar. My buddy up the street who knew nothing of 914's asked about the car when he saw me in it. He said, "... sounds like a Volkswagen".

Hmmmmm.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:44 PM