Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Bursch Sound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I was very fortunate to purchase an almost new Bursch muffler from a fellow 914World member. Next to my Mahle wheels, it is the best upgrade I have done to my teener. I just love the sound! Every time I go into town, people turn their heads.

I don't have a Gopro but I do have a very good professional grade video camera that has an awesome microphone. I placed the camera in the rear trunk and recorded my Bursch while accelerating. The microphone is less than two feet from the Bursch. Turn up your volume and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRySuVF6jiw...eature=youtu.be

And this is Bursch's quiet muffler!
kerensky
Maybe my laptop speakers just suck, but all I can hear is valvetrain noise. Sounds like a diesel. wink.gif

Having said that, the exhaust tip looks like the one on my muffler, which was installed by the dealer back in '73. If it is, then I understand exactly what you mean - that exhaust note was always perfect.

Any chance you might drive down to Flowery Branch some weekend while I'm out there at my father-in-law's place? I'd love to hear it and see if this is the same one. If it is, I'll buy another. Mine rusted off awhile back and I haven't replaced it yet...
ezbngreen914
beerchug.gif NICE. I've got to get an external mic for the gopro!
TargaToy
My card had a Bursch already installed when I got it. I liked the sound too and it has a bit of a roar. My buddy up the street who knew nothing of 914's asked about the car when he saw me in it. He said, "... sounds like a Volkswagen".

Hmmmmm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.