Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - No-CellPhone Section, it's a start...
ArtechnikA
post Oct 20 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #1

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

NoCellPhone Section Story Link

some people are loud all the time and don't need a cell phone as an excuse...

i have asked on several occasions for the "No Screaming Children" section.
i'm still waiting on official recognition for that one.

i applaud parents and understand how difficult it is. i'm glad that they're able to continue their public lives with kids in tow. but if you can't keep the child quiet, it has no business being in a quiet restaurant.

parents: if you knew a restaurant had a room where you could go and not be constantly having to '
shush' a fussy child, or even a happy, gregarious but LOUD child - wouldn't you use it ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 26)
ClayPerrine
post Oct 20 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #21

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) But I have see worse.... About 2 weeks ago, on Hwy 114 North of DFW airport I saw a flight attendent who was driving about 70 mph in an SUV while looking in the vanity mirror and SEPARATING HER EYELASHES WITH AN OPEN SAFTEY PIN!!!!!

Just the thought of what could have happened give me the heebie-jeebies everytime I think about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Oct 20 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #22

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

Posted on Oct 20 2004, 12:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the subject of phones and driving, keep the big governments nose out of my bussiness. I can talk safely on the phone when driving, no hands free unit either. I just use common sense. .........

So before you ban cell phones when driving, lets ban eating, talking, kids, and CD players.  

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) We don't need any more laws, let's enforce the ones we have. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Oct 20 2004, 02:34 PM
Post #23

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Icon Grill in Seattle has a NO CELL FONE rule. IT EFFEN RAWKS!
The real problem here is that Americans are just plain RUDE people. The sence of entitlement is just outragous. Screamin kids loud cell phones, yappin at the movies on and on...
Oh and most are lousy drivers to begin with!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) Hang up and drive!
+Quote Post
mittelmotor
post Jan 21 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 14,464

Want safer drivers? Fit every car's steering wheel with a sharpened steel spike. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/parry.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jan 21 2013, 05:48 AM
Post #25

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE(Leahhayhoe @ Jan 21 2013, 01:47 AM) *

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth....

Why does this strike me as someone wanting to boost a post count by replying to dead threads with paragraphs emitted by a random-grammar-generator ?
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jan 21 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jan 21 2013, 04:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Leahhayhoe @ Jan 21 2013, 01:47 AM) *

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth....

Why does this strike me as someone wanting to boost a post count by replying to dead threads with paragraphs emitted by a random-grammar-generator ?

pretty sure this is an ad bot, notice the link in the post. Scans forums for key words, picks up on them and them posts BS replies with a link
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 21 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #27

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I can't count how many times my wife and I have gone to dinner and we are among the first couples to be seated in an otherwise empty restaurant. Despite 30 other empty tables the hostess will seat a family with screaming kids right next to us. We quickly get up and relocate to the other side of the restaurant and when the waiter comes over we tell them seating a family with screaming kids next to us when almost all other tables were available was rude and inconsiderate to us-the paying customer.

As for cell phones, I am with you guys, I politely ask them to take their call outside. If they do not comply, I go speak with mgmt. and ask them to resolve the issue. Completely self-centered asshats who think everyone else will be tickled to hear them bitch and moan on their phone. If I had a portable jammer I would carry it with me.

We stopped going to the movies as a result of the same type of people who insist on talking, answering their phone, texting, etc. We have a terrific home theatre system and watch movies at home now.

I generally have little use for people anymore. Sad to say but society is going down hill fast.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:23 AM