Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Als914, it's back on the ground
76-914
post Jul 8 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

A quick update on Al. Wendy let me go to Al's to play, today. I think the chemo has done a number on his head because he is letting me wrench on it. We'll get some things done as time allows. It was a slow start in that I had to go back home and grab a few more tools. Al is converting his 1 owner 914 over to 5 lug. When I arrived, Al was just finishing up the R front wheel hub and here is the finished product. That is Shirlee in the background. We barely got the Hooter Girls out of there before she came back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Attached Image

BTW, this is what kept Al from attending the Dawn Patrol run Saturday. He thought he could get this one little thing done in time for a run. And guess what? Murphy got his ass. It's happened to all of us. Anyway, Al hasn't lost all of his mental capabilities. He's doing the front and I'm doing the rear. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) This is where I left it for today. The right wheel well is an Andy like photo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached Image

Here's a shot of Al. I took his skinny little butt some homemade strawberry ice cream. Berries just picked from my garden. (BTW Al, I'm missing some shrooms from my garden so let me know if that ice cream is a little dreamy.) I used Heavy Whipping Cream and whole milk 50/50 w/ enough sugar to make rock candy. I cautioned Shirlee that she could possible gain 3-4 pounds just by handling it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Funny thing about the left side. There were no shims. Anyone got a few they could give Al?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:19 AM