Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914/6 dipsticks who needs them?, I'll make them if you need them
daraho9146
post Aug 1 2014, 07:57 AM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,582
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 1 2014, 06:34 AM) *

I don't know whether it would make a difference or not, but ....

On the NOS oil tank, using a 911 filler neck, I had to modify the hole in the baffle screen to get the dipstick tube to go down into the tank (actually bent the dipstick tube to get it to pass thru the screen hole ...

and

I turn the finger loop down (vertical) on installation of the dipstick. Image looks like finger loop is horizontal.

Hi:

I would like one. Mine has been repaired and my mechanic told me that it wasn't the original.

Dan 505-401-8357
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Aug 1 2014, 08:56 AM
Post #82

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

QUOTE(daraho9146 @ Aug 1 2014, 06:57 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 1 2014, 06:34 AM) *

On the NOS oil tank, using a 911 filler neck, I had to modify the hole in the baffle screen to get the dipstick tube to go down into the tank (actually bent the dipstick tube to get it to pass thru the screen hole ...

and

I turn the finger loop down (vertical) on installation of the dipstick. Image looks like finger loop is horizontal.

Hi:

I would like one. Mine has been repaired and my mechanic told me that it wasn't the original.

Dan 505-401-8357

If you are looking for the dipstick, go to www.914rubber.com and order it thru Mark's website.

If you are looking for an NOS or USED oil tank ($$$$) go to eBay ... there were a couple there.

And Mr. Cheney, I agree with michelko ... it looks like your oil filler is not vertical but turned to the side. This is what I ran into when installing a 911 filler neck into a 914/6 tank and why I rotated the filler neck assembly which bends the dipstick tube in the filler neck to a different angle. Maybe with the angle you have, the dipstick is hitting the side of the tank.
+Quote Post
bcheney
post Aug 2 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #83

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,348
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 1 2014, 08:34 AM) *

and

I took another look at this today and found success. I saw what SLITS mentioned about the filler tube and screen inside the tank so I removed the filler neck, rotated it slightly and pushed down slightly on the dipstick after inserting it and it slid in with ease (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Thanks for all the input guys. I am very happy now and can't say enough good things once again about Mark and all he does to re-create top notch products for all of us 914 nuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 09:44 AM