Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heads up for Albuquerque Teeners for Shop here
Tom_T
post Jul 24 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

So I'm in Albuquerque NM for business, etc. right now, and while driving around I see this shop with not one - but three 914s parked in front - and being done with today's appointments etc., I whipped in there - just to see a 4th 914 hiding in back!

I led off with the DA "where's the engine?" - then 'fessed up to being a 38 year 914 owner, & was just pushing his leg! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I then spent some time chatting with the shop's owner Jay Waterfield - who is currently hinting for a solid roller to do a turbo-rotary conversion, and suggested he get on here & 914club to aid his search & share build details, etc.

Since he's also one of the ever dwindling shops which still work on our 914s & other aircooled relics, I thought I'd post his shop info as an FYI for those of you Teeners who live here, and any others passing through & needing a shop in a pinch.

I don't know much about his work personally, but all 4 914s at the shop were owned by 3 regular customers of his, so that says something.

If anyone else knows more about Jay & his shop, please chime in for the benefit of others.

Dr. J's
Jay Waterfield, owner
4201 San Mateo NE
Albuquerque NM 87110
505-341-4747

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:53 PM