Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Microsquirt Start up/tune work party BBQ, Sacramento CA area.....Saturday/Sunday August 25 & 26, NEW ENGINE IS IN, start up on Sunday
jeeperjohn56
post Aug 4 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,407
Region Association: None

She'll find out soon anyway, It;s best to let them know now than later, it will only cost you a week's worth of sex (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Then all you'll have to do is buy her what she wants. Then you buy what you need for new project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 4 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #22

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

A WEEKS WORTH OF SEX!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
jeeperjohn56
post Aug 4 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 6,407

I know from experience,my first two guns, one week, first rice rocket motorcycle two months, I have learn to tell them before they find out. My second 914 I had Lennie park the trailer right in front of the house, so she would see it. I still have to sell my Jeep to make her happy. But after thirty years together she's getting use to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 7 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,594

Talked to McMark today repairs will be done and cars coming home tomorrow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
Can't wait to see how it looks.....no more holes!

Might have to take a few days off work to get back on schedule, still a lot to do before the 25th, but I'm determined to get it done and take it to Albuqurque and then RRC. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 14 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #25

Mark got the repairs completed, and the cars back home. Got the trunk, engine compartment, under the trunk, and floorboards sandblasted and cleaned up. Car is back in the garage for final cleanup and a little paint.

Then all the parts go back on, it's going to be close but I should have it ready for the 25th.

Regardless I'm going to be ready to BBQ and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
Hope some of you can make it, should be a fun day as long as the weather cooperates.

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 18 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #26

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 21 2012, 08:07 AM
Post #27

Well it doesn't look like enough interest for a BBQ party, the wife's made other plans and will be gone for the day, so it looks like just a work party. I'll have BBQ ribs , macaroni salad, chips/dip, fruit, beer, soda and water for anyone who wants to stop by and check out our progress, or help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

I'm taking Friday off to get the new engine installed, anyone off on Friday that wants to come by is welcome, I'll be in the garage all day.

At least the weather will be nicer 12 degrees cooler than last weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 21 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #28

Talked to McMark today, since there was no interest in making this a BBQ/Party, Mark is going to spend the day Saturday with his lovely wife Allison.
Sunday he will be here to help with the final installation of his microsquirt system, and fire the new engine. Maybe even get some tuning done.

So the new plan is, I will be in the garage Friday and Saturday, getting the car put back together, Saturday I plan on installing the new engine, anyone who wants to come by saturday and give a hand is welcome, I'll have plenty to eat and drink for both days. McMark will be here on Sunday for the final hook ups and the fire up.
Again anyone interested in stopping by either day is welcome, Gates will be open at 8:00am both days.

Weather is cooperating, in the 80's both days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 22 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #29

Apex killer!

Jeff, PM me your address again. I might take a trip over the hill in the Z if I get through everything else I want to get done...
+Quote Post
JimN73
post Aug 22 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 8,192
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

[quote name='jsconst' date='Aug 21 2012, 09:45 PM' post='1727387']
Talked to McMark today, since there was no interest in making this a BBQ/Party, Mark is going to spend the day Saturday with his lovely wife Allison.
Sunday he will be here to help with the final installation of his microsquirt system, and fire the new engine. Maybe even get some tuning done.

So the new plan is, I will be in the garage Friday and Saturday, getting the car put back together, Saturday I plan on installing the new engine, anyone who wants to come by saturday and give a hand is welcome, I'll have plenty to eat and drink for both days. McMark will be here on Sunday for the final hook ups and the fire up.
Again anyone interested in stopping by either day is welcome, Gates will be open at 8:00am both days.

Weather is cooperating, in the 80's both days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Jeff
[/quote

I'll plan on Sunday, Jeff. Be good to help with the MS part of the job.

Jim
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 22 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 22 2012, 06:31 AM) *

Jeff, PM me your address again. I might take a trip over the hill in the Z if I get through everything else I want to get done...

Cool, hope you can make it Rob, even if its in a Z (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
Lennies914
post Aug 22 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #32

Slacker

Member No.: 11,216

I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday, not sure which yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'm guessing Saturday would be best for you? Let me know.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 22 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Aug 22 2012, 08:43 AM) *

I'll plan on Sunday, Jeff. Be good to help with the MS part of the job.

Jim

Sounds good Jim, Mark said he would be here around 9:00 - 9:30, but stop by anytime.

See you Then,

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 22 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 22 2012, 07:40 PM) *

I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday, not sure which yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'm guessing Saturday would be best for you? Let me know.

Thanks Lennie, ya probably saturday if that works for you, installing the new engine that day. But if Sundays better, I can just tell kevin he has to work saturday, then when he shows up he can help me put it in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

See you this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 23 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #35

Apex killer!

Ahhhh! I just checked the call schedule and I am the call person for Sunday. I can't give up Saturday in the garage so I'm out... Sorry Jeff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 23 2012, 07:40 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 23 2012, 06:25 AM) *

Ahhhh! I just checked the call schedule and I am the call person for Sunday. I can't give up Saturday in the garage so I'm out... Sorry Jeff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

No worries Rob, work tends to get in the way of fun sometimes, but it's what pays for the fun, so whatta ya gonna do.

See you next time.

Jeff
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 23 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #37

Apex killer!

QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 23 2012, 05:40 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 23 2012, 06:25 AM) *

No worries Rob, work tends to get in the way of fun sometimes, but it's what pays for the fun, so whatta ya gonna do.

See you next time.

Jeff

I just really wanted to see me some Megasquirt tuning... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 23 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #38

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 23 2012, 12:24 PM) *

I just really wanted to see me some Megasquirt tuning... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Jeff lives in the perfect area for street tuning without a dyno. Miles and miles of pastures and ranches.

I'd come too but I have my own set of issues... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 24 2012, 08:01 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 23 2012, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 23 2012, 12:24 PM) *

Jeff lives in the perfect area for street tuning without a dyno. Miles and miles of pastures and ranches.

I'd come too but I have my own set of issues... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Ya hopefully we get to the point of street tuning, that would be awesome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

That's ok Mike your project makes mine look like paint by numbers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Keep working at it, we all want to see that car back on the road (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
But if you need a break, come by and drink some beer and eat some ribs.

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 24 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #40

Got the center tunnel treated today, some touch up painting done, and dynamat installed on the firewall both sides, and the floors. Cleaned up some parts, and started cooking the ribs....it's a two day process, low and slow.

Lennies coming over tomorrow to help put things back together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) and eventually get the new engine installed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Stop by if you're free, or we'll drink all the beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 07:44 PM