Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Microsquirt Start up/tune work party BBQ, Sacramento CA area.....Saturday/Sunday August 25 & 26, NEW ENGINE IS IN, start up on Sunday
Lennies914
post Aug 25 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #41

Slacker

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,216
Region Association: Northern California

I'm getting a late start, but will leave soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 25 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 12,594

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 25 2012, 07:50 AM) *

I'm getting a late start, but will leave soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

No problem, off to a late start myself, one of the rat terriers decided to start having pups at 4:00am......been a hectic morning.

Getting all the parts out of the storage area now, is it too early (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Can't wait to hear this motor run (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 25 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #43

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) THE MOTOR IS IN (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Lennie came over this morning, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) we got the new fuel lines (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) and cables run through the tunnel, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) worked out a few electrical issues, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) and fuel line/filter problems, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) then sat down and ate some ribs and salad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) Had a few beers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Then this afternoon the new motor went in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Thanks for all your help Lennie, I owe you big time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Ok now for some pictures.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Still have all the cables and connections to finish, but having the motor finally in sure feels good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Now to hear it run! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
JimN73
post Aug 25 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 8,192
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Looks real nice when it's new and shiny. I'd just as soon that mine not be so pretty, I'd feel compelled to keep it clean.

See you in the morning.

Jim
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 26 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #45

Well the garage is all cleaned up from yesterday, and ready for round two. Looks like the cooler weather I purchased last week off Amazon arrived (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) yesterday was mid 80's, today low 80's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Should be another good day for wrenching and BBQ. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Time to get busy, stop by if you can, Lennie and I didn't drink all the beer....but we tried (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
Lennies914
post Aug 26 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #46

Slacker

Member No.: 11,216

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 26 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #47

Well we came thiiiisssss close. Unfortunately we were short a couple of threaded spacers to get the coil brackets installed properly, I didn't want to have to take things back off to install them later, and poor McMark was a little under the weather so the start up didn't happen today, but we did get a lot done.

Mark got the wiring harness completed and most of the electrical connections done, shouldn't take too much to finish up once I get the other spacers.
Jim and I got the fuel tank back in, all the cables and shift rods connected, seat brackets in, a bunch of electrical put back, ate some ribs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

We sent McMark home early and drank beer the rest of the afternoon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Thanks Mark, hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for all the help today Jim, as always enjoyed your company! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:48 AM