Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Gauges
ww914
post Aug 1 2012, 08:23 AM
Post #1

914 Convert

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

Awhile back some of us group bought CHT gauges and wideband air/fuel mixture gauges. Any reports on how they are working out for you?

It may be overkill, but I love my CHT display. It may be more info than I need, but it's nice to see what is going on.

As far as the air/fuel gauge goes, I absolutely think that this is the only way to go to tune your carbs to perfection. I am sure this has been said before, but now I am a true believer. I can't keep my eye off the dam thing. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I sure know if I am running lean or rich at every throttle position. I suppose when I get it tuned they way I want, I won't stare at it as much.

Here are the three new gauges I have installed:

The top one is the MGL Avionics TC-2 4 channel CHT gauge.
The middle one is the AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio gauge.
The bottom one is an oil pressure gauge.
I built this new insert and saved the original setup.

Attached Image

This is how I installed the probes. I didn't use existing spark plugs holes, but cut new holes and inserted grommets.

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ww914   New Gauges   Aug 1 2012, 08:23 AM
wndsnd   Awhile back some of us group bought CHT gauges an...   Aug 1 2012, 09:58 AM
bembry   How much did those run you?   Aug 1 2012, 04:44 PM
ww914   How much did those run you? A little over ...   Aug 1 2012, 05:25 PM
jsayre914   Looks great! I have got the leads on my plug...   Aug 1 2012, 05:16 PM
aharder   Looks Great !! :beer2:   Aug 1 2012, 06:48 PM
Eric_Shea   Good work Warren.   Aug 2 2012, 07:05 AM
rnellums   Did you remove the engine to put the CHT's on?...   Aug 2 2012, 07:17 AM
ww914   Did you remove the engine to put the CHT's on...   Aug 2 2012, 07:47 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:12 PM