Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Back in business!, Sheesh how long has it been since I posted?
corsepervita
post Aug 13 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,631
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Well. It's been a while since I've posted. Car show coming up this weekend and the 914 had not been running right since last I drove her. I didn't want to do any harm so I parked it till I could figure things out. Drove her around today with a huge smile on my face, everything is back where it needs to be.

- Dwell was off
- New plugs
- Timing was a hair off
- MAP sensor was not holding vacuum properly. Replaced it with a spare that came with the car.
- Replaced injector seals (they were total crap, cracking, no good)
- Cleaned out vacuum ports

After setting dwell, timing, replacing the map sensor and doing what I needed to do, she fired right up and felt like a new car. Can feel the advance properly, picks up power properly. Feels like a completely different car.

Was rather nice too, my dad helped as well. We don't get to work on cars too much together anymore being in different towns and all. But he and I were talking about the car and working on it all day. Runs like a total champ.

(Sorry for the crap cell phone picture, I'll snag something pretty tomorrow. I'll get all my cars together for a reunion picture haha.)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i225.photobucket.com-11631-1344921468.1.jpg)

Remember all the ridiculous popping I was getting since I got this car? It's pretty much all gone now. There's the occasional pop, but nothing I'd call "odd", my only guess is that it was pulling air in from the cracks from the seals. 2 of the seals were "ok" the other 2 were horrible looking. This would explain why the 2 rear plugs were a tad lean looking and the plugs in the front 2 cylinders were a bit rich. Odd. But it's all good now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:51 AM