Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back in business!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
corsepervita
Well. It's been a while since I've posted. Car show coming up this weekend and the 914 had not been running right since last I drove her. I didn't want to do any harm so I parked it till I could figure things out. Drove her around today with a huge smile on my face, everything is back where it needs to be.

- Dwell was off
- New plugs
- Timing was a hair off
- MAP sensor was not holding vacuum properly. Replaced it with a spare that came with the car.
- Replaced injector seals (they were total crap, cracking, no good)
- Cleaned out vacuum ports

After setting dwell, timing, replacing the map sensor and doing what I needed to do, she fired right up and felt like a new car. Can feel the advance properly, picks up power properly. Feels like a completely different car.

Was rather nice too, my dad helped as well. We don't get to work on cars too much together anymore being in different towns and all. But he and I were talking about the car and working on it all day. Runs like a total champ.

(Sorry for the crap cell phone picture, I'll snag something pretty tomorrow. I'll get all my cars together for a reunion picture haha.)

IPB Image

Remember all the ridiculous popping I was getting since I got this car? It's pretty much all gone now. There's the occasional pop, but nothing I'd call "odd", my only guess is that it was pulling air in from the cracks from the seals. 2 of the seals were "ok" the other 2 were horrible looking. This would explain why the 2 rear plugs were a tad lean looking and the plugs in the front 2 cylinders were a bit rich. Odd. But it's all good now.
smj
Consider the "crap cell phone picture" as applying a soft filter...

I think the car looks good.
billh1963
That is a good looking car!

You have a very "long" collection... 70 feet long 914, an 82 feet long 911, and even a 74 feet long Kawasaki! poke.gif
corsepervita
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 14 2012, 03:39 AM) *

That is a good looking car!

You have a very "long" collection... 70 feet long 914, an 82 feet long 911, and even a 74 feet long Kawasaki! poke.gif

Thanks, it's been a great car. I really love it. I can't even begin to tell you how good it felt to drive it again.

I knew there was a good reason I missed this place, LOL! You guys are always a riot, I laughed pretty hard when I read that outloud. "70 feet long 914, damn!" haha that made my day (and I fixed it, but I'm keeping the 70 feet long 914!).

drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.