Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Look: 914-6 Alloy Rear Calipers, ...about 30 days out.
ConeDodger
post Jun 17 2019, 06:41 PM
Post #141

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 17 2019, 09:48 AM) *

I don’t know the whole story but I don’t think they were cost effective for Eric to keep making. 914rubber had a steel version made and I think it was the same deal. Machining a small quantity was pricey.

They were always intended to be a limited run. I bought the last set and that is closed down...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 17 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #142

Apex killer!

QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Jun 17 2019, 12:55 PM) *

I am looking for a set of rears to match my S calipers up front. Does anyone have a set for sale?

Tyler

Are you rich Tyler? It was an incredible collaboration for Eric Shea and Mark Whitesell to get together and produce the limited run they did, I don’t think Eric has time for that again, his business has a three year supply of restoration customers. If you’ve got a trunk full of money, you might talk someone who has a set into parting with them. But otherwise, you should consider other options.

Here in this pic are my Brembo/Ferrari/Alfa front brakes. Alloy, polished and clear coated. Not impossible to find, but pretty darned difficult.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Jun 17 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 17 2019, 08:52 PM) *

I am looking for a set of rears to match my S calipers up front. Does anyone have a set for sale?

Tyler

Are you rich Tyler? It was an incredible collaboration for Eric Shea and Mark Whitesell to get together and produce the limited run they did, I don’t think Eric has time for that again, his business has a three year supply of restoration customers. If you’ve got a trunk full of money, you might talk someone who has a set into parting with them. But otherwise, you should consider other options.

Here in this pic are my Brembo/Ferrari/Alfa front brakes. Alloy, polished and clear coated. Not impossible to find, but pretty darned difficult.

....... but the discussion is alloy rears (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jun 17 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #144

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I have PMB V-calipers, stock /4 calipers with a spacer between the halves and shims (thin washers) between the caliper and the trailing arm mount. Uses 911 vented rears OD cut down 4mm.

I don't see these anymore, IIRC Eric couldn't find a supply for the longer bolts and the longer pad hardware (pins and springs).

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-26-1496897462.jpg)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 17 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #145

Apex killer!

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 17 2019, 10:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 17 2019, 08:52 PM) *

Tyler

....... but the discussion is alloy rears (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Well, I have front and rear alloys. My rears are the last set of PMB alloy rears sold.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:50 PM