Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> need torsion springs gone now that I have installed trunk shocks!
auto_cran
post Aug 19 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,123
Region Association: None

So I finally got around to installing Camp914s rear trunk shocks. That was easy enough.

I was told that the PO never put the rear trunk springs back on after he had the car painted (had all panels removed). And since the trunk never stayed open and I never saw the little rollers, I assumed the torsion springs were not there. My bad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Now that I have the Camps shocks in - the trunk won't close all the way! The end of the torsion bar that sticks up near the hinge is hitting the ball of the shock, preventing it from going down.

From the engine bay I can see 4 bolts on each side holding the long bars on.

What's the easiest/quickest/safest way to remove those darn bars? I won't be needing them, so cutting/breaking them is ok. Just want to do it safe.

thanks!

Chris
(auto_cran)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
SLITS
post Aug 19 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Tie a rope around two places both bars .... several loops and tie it. Make sure you have about 6" between the two places .... once tied, cut the bars with a grinder ... watch your hands and be careful ... once cut, unbolt the pieces and toss them.
+Quote Post
auto_cran
post Aug 19 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,123

Never mind!

A little search found another member with the same situation. Turns out, in our situation, the bars were not under any tension, so I was able to remove the 4 bolts and the bars came loose.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:51 AM