Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need torsion springs gone now that I have installed trunk shocks!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
auto_cran
So I finally got around to installing Camp914s rear trunk shocks. That was easy enough.

I was told that the PO never put the rear trunk springs back on after he had the car painted (had all panels removed). And since the trunk never stayed open and I never saw the little rollers, I assumed the torsion springs were not there. My bad. sad.gif

Now that I have the Camps shocks in - the trunk won't close all the way! The end of the torsion bar that sticks up near the hinge is hitting the ball of the shock, preventing it from going down.

From the engine bay I can see 4 bolts on each side holding the long bars on.

What's the easiest/quickest/safest way to remove those darn bars? I won't be needing them, so cutting/breaking them is ok. Just want to do it safe.

thanks!

Chris
(auto_cran)
SLITS
Tie a rope around two places both bars .... several loops and tie it. Make sure you have about 6" between the two places .... once tied, cut the bars with a grinder ... watch your hands and be careful ... once cut, unbolt the pieces and toss them.
auto_cran
Never mind!

A little search found another member with the same situation. Turns out, in our situation, the bars were not under any tension, so I was able to remove the 4 bolts and the bars came loose.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.