Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: An Honor to play golf, With this gentlemen.
StratPlayer
post May 13 2003, 08:08 PM
Post #1

StratPlayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Short Story:
I played golf today a friend and myself, well we got team up with this old fellow, and by god he was playing pretty good for an old man. Introduced myself and vise virsa, his name was Moe. He was 87 years old and already played 18 on another course earlier. This was another 9 holes on another course unreal. I got talking to him and found out this guy was a B-24 bomber pilot in WW2, 87 yrs old, 27 holes of golf, B24 pilot in the second world war. Not many of those guys survived. What a life this gentlemen had, only wish I had time to pick his brain an listen to some of his stories. It was an honor to play golf with old timer, indeed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post May 13 2003, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480
Region Association: None

My Father was on B24s during the war. His name was also Moe. Dad was shot down in 1942 and spent 34 months as a POW in Germany. If he had lived he would also be 87 now. He died unfortunately 20 years ago. (30 years + of unfiltered Camels.)
All these old guys of that era are heros in my book. What they did 50 years ago is amazing. I am a 747 Captain and can't imagine flying that thing with people shooting at me. He would have enjoyed my 914.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 13 2003, 09:47 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Elliot do you fly the Disney private jet ??

I have another Porsche freind who flies the Disney private jet (747).. and I dont recall his name.

B
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 13 2003, 09:50 PM
Post #4

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

you fly out of john wayn airport alot? seeing how both of you are located in orange county (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
nealnorlack
post May 14 2003, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

I fly for UPS aka The Freight Nazis.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
dan10101
post May 14 2003, 09:25 PM
Post #6

TORQUE-o-holic

Member No.: 626
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My Grandpa started playing golf at the age of around 80. He played until he was in his early 90s. His think earlier in life was bowling. When those parts of his body went bad, he started playing more golf.
He was quite a man.
DanD
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post May 14 2003, 09:38 PM
Post #7

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

:loveletter:

My dad passed away a little over 1 month ago. He was 83. He golfed at least twice a week right up to the end of last season and usually beat me. As he got older he couldn't hit the ball very far, but always hit it right down the heart of the fairway (as opposed to me, who hits it 200+ yards but NEVER in the right direction) He was a B 17 mechanic in WWII in north Africa. He used to tell alot of stories about making 1 good plane from the parts of several beat up or crashed ones (a thing we refer to on this board as a restoration (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). Last fall, shortly after I bought my current 914, my dad sprung for a set of Fuchs for me saying that it was an advance on my inheritance. He will always be greatly missed.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:24 AM