Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: An Honor to play golf
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Short Story:
I played golf today a friend and myself, well we got team up with this old fellow, and by god he was playing pretty good for an old man. Introduced myself and vise virsa, his name was Moe. He was 87 years old and already played 18 on another course earlier. This was another 9 holes on another course unreal. I got talking to him and found out this guy was a B-24 bomber pilot in WW2, 87 yrs old, 27 holes of golf, B24 pilot in the second world war. Not many of those guys survived. What a life this gentlemen had, only wish I had time to pick his brain an listen to some of his stories. It was an honor to play golf with old timer, indeed.
Elliot_Cannon
My Father was on B24s during the war. His name was also Moe. Dad was shot down in 1942 and spent 34 months as a POW in Germany. If he had lived he would also be 87 now. He died unfortunately 20 years ago. (30 years + of unfiltered Camels.)
All these old guys of that era are heros in my book. What they did 50 years ago is amazing. I am a 747 Captain and can't imagine flying that thing with people shooting at me. He would have enjoyed my 914.
Cheers, Elliot
Brad Roberts
Elliot do you fly the Disney private jet ??

I have another Porsche freind who flies the Disney private jet (747).. and I dont recall his name.

B
Aaron Cox
you fly out of john wayn airport alot? seeing how both of you are located in orange county huh.gif
nealnorlack
I fly for UPS aka The Freight Nazis.
Cheers, Elliot
dan10101
My Grandpa started playing golf at the age of around 80. He played until he was in his early 90s. His think earlier in life was bowling. When those parts of his body went bad, he started playing more golf.
He was quite a man.
DanD
Curvie Roadlover
:loveletter:

My dad passed away a little over 1 month ago. He was 83. He golfed at least twice a week right up to the end of last season and usually beat me. As he got older he couldn't hit the ball very far, but always hit it right down the heart of the fairway (as opposed to me, who hits it 200+ yards but NEVER in the right direction) He was a B 17 mechanic in WWII in north Africa. He used to tell alot of stories about making 1 good plane from the parts of several beat up or crashed ones (a thing we refer to on this board as a restoration biggrin.gif ). Last fall, shortly after I bought my current 914, my dad sprung for a set of Fuchs for me saying that it was an advance on my inheritance. He will always be greatly missed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.