Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AC Hose Routing, A different Approach, LS1 Conversion
andys
post Sep 4 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

Here are some photos of how I routed my AC hoses. I didn't go through the wheel wells, but rather under the fuel tank and along the inside of the longs through the cabin, then through the firewall to the compressor. The hoses through the cabin are un-noticeable once the carpet is installed. The photos are a little out of order and un-titled, so if you have any questions, please ask.

Andys

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Sep 4 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I hope that you put a mechanical limiter on the passenger's seat travel! I know people who will sit down and adjust the seat all the way back until it hits the firewall. It's far better to have a way to limit the travel before they smash the seat-back into the lines you show.

You may be able to just put a bolt through the track to keep it from going back to far. Take a careful look at it and see. Pull the seat and seat rails out to check that.

--DD
+Quote Post
andys
post Sep 4 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 4 2012, 11:01 AM) *

I hope that you put a mechanical limiter on the passenger's seat travel! I know people who will sit down and adjust the seat all the way back until it hits the firewall. It's far better to have a way to limit the travel before they smash the seat-back into the lines you show.

You may be able to just put a bolt through the track to keep it from going back to far. Take a careful look at it and see. Pull the seat and seat rails out to check that.

--DD

Dave,

I did exactly that. A seat track stop, so no matter what the seat incline or rear travel, it won't crash into the AC fittings. Good advice though.

Andys
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Sep 4 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #4

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I have recent experience with oil line fittings that look similar, and I know that it doesn't take much to tweak those around. And there's the ... interesting experience of replacing the whole AC system in the wife's 911SC...

So it was kind of fresh in my head.

--DD
+Quote Post
pdlightning
post Sep 9 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,660
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(andys @ Sep 4 2012, 09:09 AM) *

Here are some photos of how I routed my AC hoses. I didn't go through the wheel wells, but rather under the fuel tank and along the inside of the longs through the cabin, then through the firewall to the compressor. The hoses through the cabin are un-noticeable once the carpet is installed. The photos are a little out of order and un-titled, so if you have any questions, please ask.

Andys

I have always said, "You are the Man!".

NICE!
+Quote Post
mittelmotor
post Sep 9 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,464

Very clean install...nicely done! What are the two toggle switches/lights on the center console for?

--Doug
+Quote Post
andys
post Sep 10 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Sep 9 2012, 09:50 PM) *

Very clean install...nicely done! What are the two toggle switches/lights on the center console for?

--Doug

Toggles; one on the left is fuel pump, one on the right is 3 position manual radiator fan over-ride and accompanying indicator lights (low-off-high). I still need to fabricate a shifter boot. Oh, and wipe the dust off the dash and console :-)

Andys
+Quote Post
3d914
post Sep 10 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Very nice job. I was thinking something similar except along the floor and next to the center console.

What type of under-dash unit is that? Doesn't look familiar.
+Quote Post
andys
post Sep 10 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(3d914 @ Sep 10 2012, 12:30 PM) *

Very nice job. I was thinking something similar except along the floor and next to the center console.

What type of under-dash unit is that? Doesn't look familiar.

The under dash unit is made by Hot Rod Air which I think has since gone out of business. I chose it because it's compatible with the stock LS1 compressor unlike some of the other brands.

I ran the hoses down that side since the LS1 compressor is on the passenger side, and I think they're less noticeable against the inside long.

Andys
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:52 PM