Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original Blaupunkt Radio, 2 DIN's - "Porsche" slide switch...and...
GeorgeRud
post Oct 29 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The connectors on the back are used to connect the tuner part of the radio to the amplifier section. You can make up a connector to allow you to add a MP3 player or iPod to the radio. Someone had posted the pin connections somewhere.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Oct 30 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #22

ZippidyDoDah...

Member No.: 645
Region Association: None

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
turk22
post Oct 30 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #23

Treetop Flyer

Member No.: 14,725
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(turk22 @ Oct 28 2012, 02:49 PM) *

Here are the back connections:

I have a 6pin and an 8pin?? I believe the 6pin is a mono connection, but I thought the 7pin was stereo, and I've never heard of an 8pin...

This is what's confusing me, everyone talks about a 6 or 7 pin DIN, but it looks like I have a 6 and 8 pin. Or is what I think is the 8 pin really a 7 pin, and you don't worry about the middle pin??

thx, Turk
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Oct 31 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #24

ZippidyDoDah...

Member No.: 645
Region Association: None

QUOTE(turk22 @ Oct 30 2012, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(turk22 @ Oct 28 2012, 02:49 PM) *

Here are the back connections:

I have a 6pin and an 8pin?? I believe the 6pin is a mono connection, but I thought the 7pin was stereo, and I've never heard of an 8pin...

This is what's confusing me, everyone talks about a 6 or 7 pin DIN, but it looks like I have a 6 and 8 pin. Or is what I think is the 8 pin really a 7 pin, and you don't worry about the middle pin??

thx, Turk

My setero Frankfurt has the two DIN connections. My 7-pin one does not have a center pin. But, I think yours will be just fine because your other pins look correct. I would just make the 7-pin connector and enjoy!
+Quote Post
914Mike
post Nov 19 2020, 12:42 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 198

QUOTE(turk22 @ Oct 29 2012, 02:28 PM) *

BTW, I found this place has the 2Din style speaker connectors, for a buck, but they have a $5 handling charge unless you buy more than $5 bucks worth of stuff.

I'm thinking of buying a few sets of the connectors to have them handy.

http://shop.vetcosurplus.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=7167

Reviving this old thread to report that the link still works! Not that my mono Frankfurt US uses those for the single speaker. Not only that, but they have the 6-pin DIN plugs as well.

https://vetco.net/products/6-pin-din-male-i...an-din-46000-6p

And the 7-pin: https://vetco.net/products/7-pin-din-male-i...an-din-46000-7p

I also note that I found a pin on my 6-pin that goes to 12V when the radio is switched on, it's pin 4 in the diagram above. That will run my power antenna relay when I get this finished.

I noticed that when I removed the socket cover the audio quit. The cover has a short between two pins that must be connected to get sound. I assume one pin is an output from the radio, and the other is the input to the amplifier.

I'm thinking of running separate wires out to a 3.5mm socket so I can use the switch in the jack to connect the audio to the amplifier and at the same time disconnect the radio from it, BUT, the antenna will need to be switched off as well, so maybe a dual pole switch is better. It will have to be double throw too, so I can have it turn the antenna ON while it turns the external audio OFF (and Radio ON) at the same time.
<EDIT>
The pins of my 6-pin socket are:

Pin 1 Audio OUT
Pin 2 Audio IN
Pin 4 +12V switched
Pin 5 Ground
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Nov 19 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #26

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302
Region Association: Southwest Region

Same radio as mine, someone said it is for 75-76 years, my car is 74 so I'm off one year. Far left is am/fm knob, mine does not have the slide buttons yours does. Left round knob has a treble/base adjustment in back or it.
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Nov 19 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #27

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302
Region Association: Southwest Region

Picture installed, I had to ask for the speaker plug-ins from the same person I bought it from, could not find them to buy. Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:02 AM