Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Way to go Red Sox, finally broke the curse!
skline
post Oct 28 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #41

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Oct 28 2004, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 28 2004, 09:50 PM)
JT's OK, but his daughter and her best friend are a bit odd  :D

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) JT doesn't have a daughter!!!!!
But he does have a really cute and cool
sister, and she has an awesome friend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Try and keep the relations straight, OK? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go easy on Howard, he is old and doesnt really know what he is talking about. But he is still a nice guy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scruz914
post Oct 28 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 1,724

... and she has an awesome friend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  :D  

Lisa  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lisa,

Will you be my friend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) At least until JT is traded? Totally Plutonic and for baseball camaraderie of course.

Man, waiting for Spring season is going to be harder than what the East guys go through waiting to drive their 914s again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

-Jeff
+Quote Post
Mrs. K
post Oct 28 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #43

Grieve we must, but celebrate a great life!

Group: Birthday Fairy
Member No.: 2,166

QUOTE(scruz914 @ Oct 28 2004, 10:05 PM)
... and she has an awesome friend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  :D  

Lisa  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lisa,

Will you be my friend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) At least until JT is traded? Totally Plutonic and for baseball camaraderie of course.

Man, waiting for Spring season is going to be harder than what the East guys go through waiting to drive their 914s again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

-Jeff

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
Not a problem, Jeff!
I'll PM you when I know what happens
with JT's contract! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
Howard
post Oct 28 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #44

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

QUOTE(skline @ Oct 28 2004, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 28 2004, 09:50 PM)
JT's OK, but his daughter and her best friend are a bit odd  :D

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) JT doesn't have a daughter!!!!!
But he does have a really cute and cool
sister, and she has an awesome friend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Try and keep the relations straight, OK? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go easy on Howard, he is old and doesnt really know what he is talking about. But he is still a nice guy.

Relations? Moi? I never touched either one of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

my car, on the other hand..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
skline
post Oct 28 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #45

Born to Drive

I know Howard, what a lucky car. Wait till next WCC, that car will leave wet spots all over the place when they are around.
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Oct 29 2004, 01:22 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 28 2004, 01:31 PM)
I personally thought candlestick was a dump, but I also hate the giants more then satan.

Ahem. I'll have you know it's been renamed "Monster Stadium".

And yes, it is a dump. Which is why the Giants got the heck out of there and into a new one. Now only the 49ers remain. And with the way they've been playing, they deserve it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

However, I will say that they have a fabulous parking lot.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) Mer
+Quote Post
Mrs. K
post Oct 29 2004, 06:35 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 29 2004, 12:22 AM)

However, I will say that they have a fabulous parking lot.  

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)  Mer

You got that right. Mer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
skline
post Oct 29 2004, 07:42 AM
Post #48

Born to Drive

Isnt that the place where we had our AX at for WCC 04? I thought it was called 3Com park?
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Oct 29 2004, 10:20 AM
Post #49

You're right. First it was Candlestick Park, then it was 3Com Stadium/Park at Candlestick Point. Now it's Monster Stadium.
+Quote Post
Mrs. K
post Oct 29 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 29 2004, 09:20 AM)
You're right.  First it was Candlestick Park, then it was 3Com Stadium/Park at Candlestick Point.  Now it's Monster Stadium.

Hey Mer,
Do you know why they call it Monster Stadium
now???
Was it because of the "monster AX" from June at
the WCC 04?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Oct 30 2004, 12:49 AM
Post #51

Haha, I wish! I guess the 3Com company went bust. The stadium is now named for the monster.com folks. Doesn't really matter to me, I still call it Candlestick... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Mer
+Quote Post
Thorshammer
post Nov 1 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 1,335

I am late getting in on this thread, been celebrating!

Living just South of Boston 25 miles (BUrbs) I have relished every single swing of the bat, pitch from the mound and point to the sky. Due to ticket prices, I am only able to attend 1 game a year. Heh, it cuts into the race car fund.

Here's what I have'nt relished. College kids saying "I've been waiting for this my whole life"? Sure buddy! You were'nt alive in 67, were 2 in 86 when Buckner missed the ball, last year in Game seven, you were out on the street to cause mayhem before the 7th inning even started and now you get to see them win. You make me puke.

Some people just use any excuse to act like idiots. These people you see after the games filling the streets and tearing down signs and lights and trees are primarily students that think the anonimity of the night allows them to do what ever they want. Some think it is release from responsibility of one's own actions. But as they arrest them from the video tape taken, they can explain to their parents why they acted like Jack A__es. Most true fans (and players) are embarassed by this type of behavior, and god knows some of the cops are not ready to deal with the situation. We had one young woman die tragically after being hit with a (supposedly) non lethel pepper bullet. 1 death is too many for a sports celebration, and the ones to blame are the few that spoil the celebration for real fans. Some people don't really think about what they will do or cause, only themselves, I wonder what the kid that first started climbing the Fenway Park structure and the many that followed his lead feel. As I see it, they are guilty and responsible for that yound womans death. So when you celebrate, do it like you drink, responsibly. And While I am on my soapbox, teach your kids to do the same. Soapbox dismounted!

So I tell you this, make shua you drive youa cah wicked haad, cause dats da way 9 foteens like to be driven.

Erik Madsen The not so proper Bostonian.

Post Script:

This texan is visiting Boston for his first time, after he gets through the gaggle at Logan Airport, he asks a Middle aged Bostonian "Scuse me partner, where's a good place to stop and eat at?". The proper Bostonian says" I suggest Sir, directly before the AT!" The Texan says " I don't quite understand?" The Bostonian replies, "It is not proper English to end a sentence with a preposition" Not wanting to be out done, the Texan said " Fair Enough" " Where is a good place to stop and eat at Ass_ole!"

Needed to lighten up my ranting with a joke.
Thought you would like it.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:43 PM