Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Way to go Red Sox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Well they finally did it....after a dry spell of 86 years!
The Boston Red Sox are the World Series Champs!
Good for them! biggrin.gif

Lisa boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Toast
I'm excited for them! smilie_pokal.gif
My mom is a fanatic, and I have been hearing about every game and team everyday, all season long. wacko.gif
But thats ok. I give her all of the football mumbo jumbo. chairfall.gif
I thought it was weird that I asked my mom earlier in the season if anyone had won the world series by winning four games in a row. Hummmmm....... idea.gif
scruz914
I was pulling for them. I am surprised by the lack of participation by the Cardinals. I do feel their pain though being a SF Giants fan. Another team that failed to show up to the Series.

Kudos to the Red Socks though. Tough team. Almost National League in nature. Now a long wait until Spring training.

-Jeff
Mrs. K
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Oct 27 2004, 10:17 PM)
I was pulling for them.  I am surprised by the lack of participation by the Cardinals.  I do feel their pain though being a SF Giants fan.  Another team that failed to show up to the Series.

Kudos to the Red Socks though.  Tough team.  Almost National League in nature.  Now a long wait until Spring training.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Even though I live in Dodger land,
I too am a Giants fan biggrin.gif
My best friend is JT Snow's sister,
and he has given me lots of free tickets
to the Dodger and Padre seires this season.
I even took skline to a game with his son, and
the Giants won easily! boldblue.gif
(Hope JT signs with the Giants again for next year! biggrin.gif )

Anyway, good for the Sox!

Lisa clap56.gif
Howard
tough to say for a yankees fan, but them bean town boys showed some class. lisa, you coming up saturday for planning meet?
SpecialK
sad2.gif
Meredith
I was hoping it would go to game 7, just so the baseball season would last a little longer. But I can't complain, I was rooting for the Sox.
ChrisFoley
All it took was for a kid who live in the Babe's old house to get hit in the mouth with a home run ball; and the sun, moon and earth to be in alignment during game 4.
The curse is broken! happy11.gif
dflesburg
When I saw there was going to be a lunar eclipse it occourred to me that the curse would not only be broken, but that the sox would sweep.

What a dramatic way to do it... That's the stuff Hollywood would get a stiffy over.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Oct 28 2004, 06:23 AM)
When I saw there was going to be a lunar eclipse it occourred to me that the curse would not only be broken, but that the sox would sweep.

What a dramatic way to do it... That's the stuff Hollywood would get a stiffy over.

agree.gif
I never thought of it that way...
but I think you are right!

boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
balljoint
Great news for Boston, and it only cost them $125 Million. Yow. Sucks to be in the same division with the Yanks and the Red Sox. But an awesome story and some pretty damn good baseball.
Kerrys914
What a baseball season it was smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Its been a long week watching all of these late games .....but WELL worth it. smilie_pokal.gif

GO SOX and this winiter will not seem as long now. I just wish I was in Boston with my buds to celebrate beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Cheers
Kerrys914
Also...Did you guys see Jimmy Fallon on the field during the celebration? They were/are in production of a crazy Redsox fan movie. They started filming before the playoffs and had no idea they would win it this year.

I think he was kissing Drew B. (co-star) on the field as the new ending to the movie.

It's going to be a wicked good move smile.gif

Cheers
Mrs. K
"A wicked good movie"

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Lisa clap56.gif
BMartin914
I think he was kissing Drew B. (co-star) on the field as the new ending to the movie.

You're retarted...you are! grouphug.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Oct 27 2004, 10:52 PM)
Hey Jeff,

Lisa clap56.gif

Wow. Nice friend to have!

JT had a tough year. He is a fan favorite and brings experience to the team. Hopefully he will be back, if for no other reason than for you to get tickets! (Isn't there a rule that anyone within four degrees of seperation also gets tickets? biggrin.gif )

Only four months to Spring Training!

-Jeff
Rhodes71/914
Wicked Pissah!

Right on SOX!
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Finally!!! I have been a Red Sox Fan for ever. This is great!!!
GTeener
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Oct 28 2004, 04:14 AM)
All it took was for a kid who live in the Babe's old house to get hit in the mouth with a home run ball; and the sun, moon and earth to be in alignment during game 4.
The curse is broken! happy11.gif

I was thinking the same thing laugh.gif

They just needed to make it to the WS when the moon was full and there was a lunar eclipse smilie_pokal.gif (and they didn't screw up lol2.gif )

OK, which team gets cursed next? smile.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Oct 28 2004, 09:52 AM)
Hey Jeff,
I too am a Giants fan  :D
the Giants won easily!  :boing:
(Hope JT signs with the Giants again for next year!  :D )

Lisa  :clap:

Wow. Nice friend to have!

JT had a tough year. He is a fan favorite and brings experience to the team. Hopefully he will be back, if for no other reason than for you to get tickets! (Isn't there a rule that anyone within four degrees of seperation also gets tickets? biggrin.gif )

Only four months to Spring Training!

-Jeff

rolleyes.gif Is that a hint, Jeff? hehehehe
If he signs again for next season, I'll see what I can do
for you! biggrin.gif

Lisa clap56.gif
Toast
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Oct 27 2004, 10:17 PM)
I was pulling for them.  I am surprised by the lack of participation by the Cardinals.  I do feel their pain though being a SF Giants fan.  Another team that failed to show up to the Series.

Kudos to the Red Socks though.  Tough team.  Almost National League in nature.  Now a long wait until Spring training.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Lisa clap56.gif

i'm jealous! Everytime that my mom and I try to get seats at Dodger staduim, they try assigning us nosebleeds. :finger2: I've had nosebleeds at Dodger stadum before, and they really suck! You can see what is happening before you her it. mad.gif

I got tickets to an Angels game this year, and they swithced the game time on me without me knowing. I flew my mom out here and drove to anaheim just to find out that the game was earlier that day. finger.gif

Ok, done ranting now.

Lisa, next year let's hook up and go to a game. mueba.gif
MattR
What do you mean, curse is broken? 1 world series is 86 years! They're definatly still cursed if they go another 86 years before winning a world series.

They also had the second biggest payroll in baseball. Their team is filled with players they didnt bring up through their farm system, and frankly are on route to becoming the yankees. Their team is so depleated in the minors and their payroll is so high, they're going to be like the diamondbacks of 2001. They spent it all this year to go to the world series once, and now we see why they will go another 86 years without winning a game... becuase their management SUCKS!
Way to go sox!-just re-upped my tickets for next year!!

-BTW: that movie with D. Bmore and J Fallon, they filmed different parts of it during the season, one of which was at Fenway during a game I was at with my wife.. after the game we all stayed and they played out a part on the field... pretty cool.

We're going to have around 5 million sox fans downtown this weekend!!! Gonna be nuts but at least we'll never have to listen to any NY'ers scream you know what at us! now, its the Cubs and W-sox turn to end bad streaks....
scruz914
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Oct 28 2004, 10:16 AM)

rolleyes.gif  Is that a hint, Jeff? hehehehe
If he signs again for next season, I'll see what I can do
for you!  :D

Lisa  :clap:

Was I that obvious? rolleyes.gif

I have been meaning to make a trip South to visit the ballparks for several years. The season always ends and the trip never makes my schedule. I do want to get to Dodger Stadium before it gets replaced. The new San Diego park would be cool too. One of these years.

-Jeff
MattR
If dodger stadium ever gets replaced, I will no longer follow baseball. Ive been a baseball fanatic since i was about 6, playing through little league and high school, and Ive gone to about 20 dodger games a year for as long as I can remember, but if they ever touch the chavez ravine, its all gone. I friggen grew up there!
That's great about Dodger stadium,

Personally, and I bet many will be shocked to hear this, I hope they blow up Fenway ASAP! its not going to happen any time soon, but it should. The park is hopelessly outdated, and uncomfortable as hell to watch a game at...
scruz914
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 28 2004, 12:03 PM)
If dodger stadium ever gets replaced, I will no longer follow baseball. Ive been a baseball fanatic since i was about 6, playing through little league and high school, and Ive gone to about 20 dodger games a year for as long as I can remember, but if they ever touch the chavez ravine, its all gone. I friggen grew up there!

Is there any word of that happening? My comment was based on what is happening aroung the league. I suppose if a stadium is not getting in the way of the owners making money it will not get replaced. I think Dodger Stadium is still doing well but other factors could come into play. I hate seeing the classics go. Others (Candlestick, although not torn down yet) are just begging for it.

-Jeff
seanery
I know it didn't start in Boston, but why does THIS always happen?
MattR
I personally thought candlestick was a dump, but I also hate the giants more then satan.

There was word if the tampa bay bucs owner (his name escapes me) bought the team he would have torn down dodger stadium and constructed a new stadium, but since McCourt bought the dodgers, he doesnt have the money to build a new stadium.

Also, dodger stadium is one of the highest grossing ballparks in baseball (2nd to yankee stadium i believe) and they're hitting records every year. I was at the game versus the yankees in august with a record attendence of 54k. They went on to break that record later in september I believe.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

Sean, unfortunatly today I think thats common for sports teams in areas like Boston, LA, and New York. Remember the riots after the Lakers won a few years ago... they just get crazy. Its stupid in my opinion. Where are all those die hard fans when their team is struggling to break 500 winning percentage?

By the way, that link didnt work for me, I had to chop it up. Link
scruz914
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 28 2004, 01:31 PM)
...I also hate the giants more then satan.

A true Dodger fan.

Hey Lisa, Any chance of you going to Matt's house and burning a big SF in his front lawn? ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

I'll stop now. How will I make it to Spring?

-Jeff
Mrs. K
Well Jeff, Irvine isn't that far from where I live!
I am a Dodger fan though Matt, it's just that I
happen to know JT Snow, and he grew up here
in Seal Beach. cool_shades.gif
So going to Chavez Ravine in a SF Giants hat
is like going into a riot without kevlar biggrin.gif
But I have done it lol2.gif

And a bit of trivia for you Matt, my cousin caught the first
foul ball ever hit at Chavez Ravine!!!
So does that make me kinda famous?
(I was just a baby then though biggrin.gif )

Lisa clap56.gif

PS They just remodeled Dodger Stadium like 2 years ago, so I haven't heard anything about them replacing it.
But the new park in San Diego is so cool!
Jeff, you really should go to a game next year down there. boldblue.gif
MattR
Uh, sounds like Im catching some heat from giants fans.

For the record, I grew up in South Pasadena, but Im going to school in Irvine, so I have an apartment here.

JT Snow? Tell him he sucks (from a devoted dodger fan) biggrin.gif. Shawn Green grew up in Tustin, which is right next door to Irvine.

Well, when the dodgers moved from brooklyn they played in Exhibition park for 2 years then moved to the newly built dodger stadium. My grandpa had season tickets in Exhibition park, and then Dodger stadium. Basically I've had about 10-15 games a year at aisle 4 row K in the yellow (field) section since I was born, and so has my mom since she was really young. I dont mean to brag, but if you were to cut me, I would bleed Dodger blue.
Mrs. K
Well I might have to cut you for saying that JT sucks!
He's my friend and a really cool guy!
I like Shawn Green too, but I don't think he sucks!
Let's play nice now! biggrin.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
MattR
That read kinda bad... i was just kidding, im sorry. I was a big fan of JT Snow when he was an Angel. He was a really good player, and still is.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 28 2004, 05:59 PM)
That read kinda bad... i was just kidding, im sorry.  I was a big fan of JT Snow when he was an Angel.  He was a really good player, and still is.

Forgiven!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish he would have been a Dodger instead of a Giant biggrin.gif

No worries cool_shades.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
skline
I guess I need to post in this thread, not sure what to say. I think it is crazy how people get in the town that wins. I never could understand all the rioting. I never really followed sports much because I always have too much other stuff going on. I think it is great that the Red Sox finally won one. I even watched parts of the game. Then I got called away to work. Hard to follow something when other things get in the way. I really need to get a life.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 28 2004, 07:27 PM)
I guess I need to post in this thread, not sure what to say. I think it is crazy how people get in the town that wins. I never could understand all the rioting. I never really followed sports much because I always have too much other stuff going on. I think it is great that the Red Sox finally won one. I even watched parts of the game. Then I got called away to work. Hard to follow something when other things get in the way. I really need to get a life.

You do have a life, you silly man!
Thanks for posting though! rolleyes.gif

Lisa type.gif
skline
No problem, for you, the world. biggrin.gif
Howard
JT's OK, but his daughter and her best friend are a bit odd biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 28 2004, 09:50 PM)
JT's OK, but his daughter and her best friend are a bit odd  :D

blink.gif JT doesn't have a daughter!!!!!
But he does have a really cute and cool
sister, and she has an awesome friend! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Try and keep the relations straight, OK? lol2.gif

Lisa laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
skline
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Oct 28 2004, 09:56 PM)

Go easy on Howard, he is old and doesnt really know what he is talking about. But he is still a nice guy.
scruz914
... and she has an awesome friend! biggrin.gif  :D  

Lisa  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lisa,

Will you be my friend? wub.gif At least until JT is traded? Totally Plutonic and for baseball camaraderie of course.

Man, waiting for Spring season is going to be harder than what the East guys go through waiting to drive their 914s again. unsure.gif

-Jeff
Mrs. K
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Oct 28 2004, 10:05 PM)
... and she has an awesome friend! biggrin.gif  :D  

Lisa  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lisa,

Will you be my friend? wub.gif At least until JT is traded? Totally Plutonic and for baseball camaraderie of course.

Man, waiting for Spring season is going to be harder than what the East guys go through waiting to drive their 914s again. unsure.gif

-Jeff

biggrin.gif wub.gif cool_shades.gif
Not a problem, Jeff!
I'll PM you when I know what happens
with JT's contract! clap56.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
Howard
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 28 2004, 09:03 PM)

Go easy on Howard, he is old and doesnt really know what he is talking about. But he is still a nice guy.

Relations? Moi? I never touched either one of them biggrin.gif

my car, on the other hand..
skline
I know Howard, what a lucky car. Wait till next WCC, that car will leave wet spots all over the place when they are around.
Meredith
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 28 2004, 01:31 PM)
I personally thought candlestick was a dump, but I also hate the giants more then satan.

Ahem. I'll have you know it's been renamed "Monster Stadium".

And yes, it is a dump. Which is why the Giants got the heck out of there and into a new one. Now only the 49ers remain. And with the way they've been playing, they deserve it. cool_shades.gif

However, I will say that they have a fabulous parking lot.

driving-girl.gif Mer
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 29 2004, 12:22 AM)

However, I will say that they have a fabulous parking lot.  

driving-girl.gif  Mer

You got that right. Mer! driving-girl.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif lol2.gif boldblue.gif
skline
Isnt that the place where we had our AX at for WCC 04? I thought it was called 3Com park?
Meredith
You're right. First it was Candlestick Park, then it was 3Com Stadium/Park at Candlestick Point. Now it's Monster Stadium.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 29 2004, 09:20 AM)
You're right.  First it was Candlestick Park, then it was 3Com Stadium/Park at Candlestick Point.  Now it's Monster Stadium.

Hey Mer,
Do you know why they call it Monster Stadium
now???
Was it because of the "monster AX" from June at
the WCC 04?? smilie_pokal.gif

Lisa clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.